Acumen XR10

Seann

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can't seem to find information on how to contact the manufacturer.
I have had this dashcam for approximately 5 weeks.
The clock was fine until this morning, the clock gained 1/2 hour, the date reverted to 01 01, The year went to 2047.
I reset the clock, 5 minutes later it went back to the old time again,
Reset it again, it lasted 5 minutes, and reverted back to the old time again.

Any ideas, or a place to contact the manufacturer web site?

Seann

Welcome to DCT @Seann :)
I found a reference to "Acumen Robot Intelligence" of Los Angeles Ca USA as being the manufacturer of this cam. There's a review of it HERE by one of our members in Croatia- they might have a specific contact point they could share with you. Shoot them a PM.

As to your symptoms, it's probably a hardware issue (likely the RTC battery has failed) or it could be from a faulty GPS if yours has that. But it's still worth trying the usual cures:

-Format your card in the cam itself. If that doesn't help continue...
-Check your cabling connections (including GPS) to be sure they're all sound and everything plugged in well. You need to use the supplied powering devices as many car's 'built-in' USB ports don't supply enough power for a dashcam. If you have at at-home phone charger, try powering the cam with it. If it works there then you've got PS problem and the cam itself might be OK. If it's still malfunctioning then...
-Test your card by first using the "SD formatter" freeware tool, doing a full overwrite, then running "h2testw" freeware on it to ensure it's functioning property. SD cards are the most common source of problems with dashcams. Let us know which card you're using as most cards do not function well in dashcams. This testing may take awhile if you've got a large card.

If after all this the cam still malfunctions you're probably going to need to contact your seller for a warranty return.

Phil

Congratulation, my friend. You bought a time machine. Anyway, which brand do you have?

Back