Acumen XR10

chaidragonfire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello:

First off, I'm not "techy" in the least. I have no idea what all the terminology is or what it means, aside from something that is obvious that is.

I've been looking for an inexpensive dual dash cam set. I've been reviewing videos on Youtube on installing dash cams, and the Acumen XR10 looks like it might be something I could do. The installation even looks really easy, which is what I need, since all the auto accessory stores around me have been closed down.

They claim the rear cam is the best on the market, for dual rear cams, which is something I need.

Does anybody have any experience with this brand of dash cam?

I live in a hot state, do these gadgets do well in locked up cars in the summer? How about winter?

I have a 2012 Acadia. They say the rear cam can be mounted on the outside of the vehicle for better perception and visual quality.
Is there a way to put this rear cam on the outside without it being noticed?

I did not see a thread for this brand in any of the forums, so I hope it is ok to post this here.

Thanks!

Good dashcams will do fine in hot climates, though such a place using parking guard will probably not be possible if the car are parked in the sun.
But otherwise just sitting there shut off while you work or whatever should be fine, the same go in extremely cold climates where i have heard cases of the camera not starting initially, but will be able to function once the temperature of the running car help, but then we are also talking seriously cold temperatures like -20 deg C or colder.

The mirror dashcams are not seeing much use in the western world it seem, very little talk about those in here, and most of the talk there is are sellers of those dashcams masking as buyers trying to gain focus on their brand / products.
Heat related focus shift are always a option, but the good brands will deal with that just fine, the one you look at i am not familiar with at all though i have heard the name before, i would recommend you buy such a camera local so you enjoy the buyer protection / warranty laws of your home country, otherwise there is a great chance support are next to not existing.

My car are not really suited for mirror cameras as my mirror sit far from the windscreen, and as a tester i have lots of cameras on the glass, so such a camera will probably mostly have the image full of other dashcams, or if they was not there maybe even the top of my windscreen where i have a dotted shade ares on which i install regular cameras.
But a regular Joe, with a mirror mounted off the windscreen, and no large sensor array, a camera like this might be okay to use.

In a hot or cold place you will want a camera that have its EMG power supply based on capacitors, lipo batteries are no good not least in the harsher environments.

Last edited:
Back