Add WiFi capability to Mini 0801! (or any other microSD DashCam)

I was going to ask about wifi on another thread (regarding running cables through the car).
I have broadband coming into my house, plugged into a cheap router. This sends wifi to my desktop some 5m away & through 2 brick walls.
I have a small black box hooked up to my telly via hdmi. This box connects to my wifi so I can stream movies from the web or, mostly, to watch my fave progs that I've had to download (since I'm too tight to subscribe to hundreds of channels). When I watch films or tv series, the feed has to come wirelessly from my PC - 5m away and through 2 brick walls.
The quality on my huge telly is excellent, especially as most of the films are in HD. Heck, I even watch some of my home movies this way, shot on my old Panasonic HDC HS300 full hd 1080p camcorder - the quality on this footage is stunning and it looks as good if I stream it or if I connect the cam directly to the telly.

So, why aren't we setting up small wifi networks in our cars?
Or, Bluetooth? My phone connects to my stereo via Bluetooth so I can hear callers through the car's speakers & talk via an external mic.

I have a wifi network in my car using an old laptop, 2x1tb WD harddrives, and a mini router. I use it as a music server using an iphone/ipad app. Ton of people have mobile wifis...

I may setup an XBMC capable box for the rear entertainment center but since I never get to watch it (I am driving) I'm in no rush :)

got my eyefi today ;) now I wait for my microsd to sd adapter and try this baby out! wifi on my cam woo

I ordered my PQI card and extender...now to speed up the mail from China. Maybe I missed it, but can you stream to a tablet in real time?

I ordered my PQI card and extender...now to speed up the mail from China. Maybe I missed it, but can you stream to a tablet in real time?
I do not believe you can stream in real time.

it only sends a file when done. So if you take a video, it can be viewed after. Streaming is a no go... although...I am working with the eye fi to try and combat that but I do not think it is realistic.

Hi, I,m using this and it works!
View attachment 3521
Regards
Hi Bee Pee, do you think it will be possible to put whole WiFi SD card with SD to MicroSD/TransFlash Card Converter Module inside the cam?
Wiht eg. https://dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001
sku_27001_1.jpg

I have one ez Share Card, but I found it need to have two layer folder structure eg. DCIM/NIKON100 and then works perfect. This is my second question, coud someone tell me how to look folder structure of mini 0801?

And last question is about lens of mini 0801. Is it soldered or could be put independently by something like that https://www.ebay.com/itm/181168506026
Because I have light interior I think about to hide whole dash cam except lens to overhead console.

Thank you for reply ....

Hi Bee Pee, do you think it will be possible to put whole WiFi SD card with SD to MicroSD/TransFlash Card Converter Module inside the cam?
Wiht eg. https://dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001
sku_27001_1.jpg

I have one ez Share Card, but I found it need to have two layer folder structure eg. DCIM/NIKON100 and then works perfect. This is my second question, coud someone tell me how to look folder structure of mini 0801?

And last question is about lens of mini 0801. Is it soldered or could be put independently by something like that https://www.ebay.com/itm/181168506026
Because I have light interior I think about to hide whole dash cam except lens to overhead console.

Thank you for reply ....

i am using the exact adapter, it does not work in my mobius.

It works in my computer, but once I plug it into my mobius i get a solid yellow light and it will not record. The desktop GUI will read the card which is weird, but it will not record.

i am using the exact adapter, it does not work in my mobius.

It works in my computer, but once I plug it into my mobius i get a solid yellow light and it will not record. The desktop GUI will read the card which is weird, but it will not record.
Thank you, it´s not good news. Im waiting for both Mobius and 0801. I ll let you know.

Thank you, it´s not good news. Im waiting for both Mobius and 0801. I ll let you know.
Forgot to mention, I am using the mobius. I tried firmware 1.17 and 1.20

Not sure where the issue is in it not working. the fact that it works in my computer using a Sd -> microsd -> sd adapter set up, but does not work in my mobius is weird.

The strange part which I do not understand is the mobius when plugged into my computer reads the card fine. I just cannot record to it.I have been reviewing the mobius documents but cannot determine what the issue is.

Hi,

With the SD PQI Air wifi and the 0801 or 0803, could check the video while recording or only I can check the videos after recording?

Regards,

Hi,

With the SD PQI Air wifi and the 0801 or 0803, could check the video while recording or only I can check the videos after recording?

Regards,

Only after the file is finished writing to the card. So the shorter you set your clip length to, the faster you would have access to the new file. (so no "real time" monitoring of course) You "should" be able to access old files even while new ones are recording though.

Back