Adorama has the WR1 for $69+FS but is on backorder.

Discussion in 'WR1' started by r_s, Jul 14, 2017.

1. HunkaBurninLove

HunkaBurninLove Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    A119S, GT680W, ABEO HDVR-150
    Received mine earlier this wee but haven't had a chance to set it up (will do that this weekend).

It came earlier than I thought, so proper kudos to Adorama for shipping and honoring their initial sale price.

2. H-508

H-508 New Member

United States
    Hopefully your setup goes better than mine. Could pair to wifi no problem (solid green led), but the viofo app just constantly triggers a blinking 'wait' screen but never finishes. The FN app says it's recording right after it's connected and you can't change any settings (all while the cam is annoyingly beeping at me nonstop with the flashing red led for minutes on end). I don't have an sdcard reader to run the viofo format app on my computer so I ordered a usb reader to try to format it that way (if that's even the problem). $69 is too much to run an alpha product on Viofo's behalf, but I'll stick it out and hope the computer format works before sending this back and buying something else.

3. jokiin

jokiin Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    what size card are you using?

4. H-508

H-508 New Member

United States
    64GB lexar endurance

5. jokiin

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's why it's beeping and not getting anywhere, card needs to be formatted FAT32 before it will work, it will be exFAT still

6. H-508

H-508 New Member

United States
    Hopefully that's it. It's a brand new micro SD card. Not sure why the cam/viofo app can't format it directly - had to buy a $10 USB adapter and download the viofo format program. No way a typical consumer would go through this. I mean, the included instructions didn't even have the 12345678 wifi password listed that I had to find on this board. Should have just bought a street guardian cam :)

7. jokiin

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Once you can format the card you should be good to go, app connection will probably be ok once you have that sorted also

8. H-508

H-508 New Member

United States
    So, ultimately, I had to reformat the card as exFAT first through windows explorer because the fat32 program gave an error that the card was locked/running some process and wouldn't format directly from the program. Once my Lexar 64GB was formatted as fat32 everything worked fine and the camera was able to connect to the app and record. I also updated to the 1.01 firmware without issue. So, that mini-headache is removed. I still think it's a big issue that the cam can't reliably format the card itself (like a cell phone does), but that is in the past now.