Advice Needed....F90 Dual Cam

yewnohoo

Reaction score
Sorry if I am asking a question which has already been asked but I've searched the forums and can't find an answer....so here goes...

I currently have this dual camera setup installed on my vehicle...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HD-720P-Dual-Lens-Dashboard-Car-DVR-vehicle-Camera-Video-Recorder-/390618002946?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item5af2a5b602

It's not bad dual camera system with the front camera being 720p. The rear camera quality is not great (480p) and at best it will provide evidence of someone rear ending me but not much more.

I am seriously considering purchasing this dual camera system which reports a 1080p front camera and a 720p rear camera...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121133965032?ssP...1438.l2649

Questions: Does anyone use this camera??...if so, your thoughts??
Is this a true step up from my current dual camera system (worth the expense/install of new camera??)

I've read on other forums that the 1080p dual cameras are not the quality video they claim and it's a bit of a scam to to purchase these dual camera systems because they deliver only 720p quality.

Any help is appreciated.....!!!!!

720p front, rear VGA, both with low bit-rate. Some places advertise same or similar system 1080p front, 720p rear but it all interpolation , fake ad. The CPU chip alone, which could handle true fullhd+hd with 30fps and high bit rate, cost same or more than whole F90.
Prepare to pay 300-400usd for very good 2ch dash cam system ( Korean made ).
Cheaper would be buying TioTech series dash cam to the front ( example gt300w ) and Mobius to the rear. Total is ONLY 180-190 usd and end result is very good day / night video quality.

What a horrible Dash cam is that F90 !.
Yesterday is the first time I drove with a rear cam attached.
Totally unusable !.
Without the rear cam, seem so so. Avg 20 frame/sec with bit rate arount 7.5 Mb/s.
With the rear cam, the front cam drops frames... a lot. Missing like 15 sec in a minute file.
The rear video is totally unusable, pixelated and repeated frames. Moving back and forth like a hand saw !.
I use Sandisk Class 10 and with a Toshiba class 6, same result. I think the processor just can't handle it. It is a factory design defect.
How could they market this trash ?.

You be the judge:

Front cam w/o rear attached:

Front cam with rear attached :

rear cam:

How could they market this trash ?.

Are you new to ebay?
Joking aside.
Sadly, it's a trap that many fall into (including myself) when new to the DC world. You assume that you are getting great coverage for little money, usually based on similarly advertised/priced trash.
It's only when you realise you were sold a pile of poop that you start looking on google for "decent" or "best" cams & stumble across sites like this.

I was one of the lucky ones, my F70 has stood the test of time with few problems & still does reasonably well (albeit a lower quality), and I'm loathe to buy anything too pricey until the decent stuff starts being the norm - watch these threads...

Back