Some advice needed for fleet trucks

Stu_C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am new to be forum and already need some advice hopefully you can help.

We have a small fleet of car transporters and we are looking at fitting some dash cameras to them we have to specifications we are after so hopefully someone can give us some advice on what to choose

1: windscreen mounted with a camera pointing out and other focused on the driver, needs to measure speed, location etc, also needs to be hard wires so comes on with ignition by via 12v socket.

2: for our bigger trucks we are looking at a multi channel system one in the windscreen, one either side of the truck and another pointing backwards, again needs Speed, location monitored.

Depending on the costs of the multi channel system we may even fit this to our smaller trucks :)

Can anyone got any suggestions on what to go for? I know Roadhawk do a system where you buy the recording unit and buy separate cameras but wasn't sure if this was the best one.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

budget around 1k each for a decent multi channel unit for the trucks as a starting point, they go up from there, below that you won't get decent quality/reliability

With all import / duty / vat / etc. reliable 4ch fleet DVR system with local support cost 1500GBP. +/-.

What is your budget for single channel dahcams?

Comsumer-level dashcams are the main focus of DCT and none of them meet all of your specs. I've seen some Police cam footage on the web and on TV that hits the bullseye for the first type (2 channel w/ GPS data) but I don't know which manufacturer does those. You might do a web-search to see what's available, it been some time since I browsed those.

Do plan a large budget- what you're asking for isn't going to be cheap!

Phil

Back