Advice on dash cam to buy

I had a look at the mg 600. Struggling to find a uk seller though ? There is one on eBay which I think might be a cheap fake ? It's listed as "capacitive touch panel" and the manufacturer is listed as Digi3c4u. Any help would be great or any other suggestions

The MG600 has a touch-screen. This seller is UK-based...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282124155147

Probably, however, the internal specification of Chinese dashcams can vary. The G1W is a notorious example in this respect, with varying chipsets in use, & varying video quality.

The item you linked is in the UK, but the seller is in China. I'd be more comfortable with the seller linked in Post #21 above, who is in the UK.

Probably, however, the internal specification of Chinese dashcams can vary. The G1W is a notorious example in this respect, with varying chipsets in use, & varying video quality.

The item you linked is in the UK, but the seller is in China. I'd be more comfortable with the seller linked in Post #21 above, who is in the UK.

Yes I'll message them and enquire. Is there any others anyone would recommend ?

Also to use any dash cam in parking mode do I also need to buy a power bank ?

Also to use any dash cam in parking mode do I also need to buy a power bank ?

You can hardwire it to car battery, but you need to use BDP ( battery discharge prevention ) device and also you have to drive quite a lot per each day in order to charge car battery to last rest of your parking mode recording time. If you drive very little then you better getting external battery bank.

You can hardwire it to car battery, but you need to use BDP ( battery discharge prevention ) device and also you have to drive quite a lot per each day in order to charge car battery to last rest of your parking mode recording time. If you drive very little then you better getting external battery bank.

I'll need an external battery bank then which is a pain as my journey to work is only 10 miles each way

I'll need an external battery bank then which is a pain as my journey to work is only 10 miles each way

Depending on traffic, speed etc. I guess your journey one way is about 5-10min ? Which of course will not be enough to recharge car battery so it would last rest of the parking recording time. Yeah, you need to buy two external battery banks, one to use when car is parked /recording, other is charging same time at home. Then you can quickly swap them once per day.

Depending on traffic, speed etc. I guess your journey one way is about 5-10min ? Which of course will not be enough to recharge car battery so it would last rest of the parking recording time. Yeah, you need to buy two external battery banks, one to use when car is parked /recording, other is charging same time at home. Then you can quickly swap them once per day.

It's a 15-20 min drive to work same back later in the day. So what's would be the best battery bank to buy ?

It's a 15-20 min drive to work same back later in the day. So what's would be the best battery bank to buy ?
The are many good ones out there which will fit dashcam parking mode purpose. I use Anker E4 but its no longer in production.
Look for good well known brand from local official distributor. Avoid cheap "no names".

Back