Affordable Dashcam with Good Quality, Removable, Speed Feeling?

MacLeod

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi!

I need help to find the correct dashcam.

The following characteristics are essential:

1. Good video quality both day and night.
2. Good sound quality.
3. Removable.
4. Real speed feeling (wide angle? 60 fps?).
5. Clean image (without any data, speedometer, local...)
6. Affordable.

Today I have a G1W. I guess the Mini 0805 would be a nice upgrade, but I'm considering other options at this price range. But video and sound quality must be similar or better.

Sometimes I need to remove the camera from the windshield to hide it (dangerous places). But normally It stays fixed on the windshield.

Local temperature is about 10ºC (50F) up to 36ºC (97F).

It would be very good to have a real speed feeling. Does the lens angle and the fps amount affect this?

The camera must have an option to record only image too, without any data.

Thanks! Best regards,

A119 would be a very good fit. It's discreet enough that you probably won't have to remove it even in dangerous areas, but if you do it should be pretty easy to remove, it has a capacitor so it can probably handle Brazillian weather, some have tried it in Indian weather with no problem. It has 1080p60fps

Foxoffer sells it for $89.

You can also buy the A118C which should be around $48-60 depending on the website you get it from. I think it's a very capable camera.

I'll be using it tomorrow and I can upload a few sample clips if you'd like.

Hello folks, I actually saw this forum thread because I also needed a Dashcam that's easily removable. Is the A119 the best for this? I'd have to transfer the video card to my computer occasionally, so having a video that could be read by Windows would also need to be a feature supported by the Dashcam. Thanks all!

Hello folks, I actually saw this forum thread because I also needed a Dashcam that's easily removable. Is the A119 the best for this? I'd have to transfer the video card to my computer occasionally, so having a video that could be read by Windows would also need to be a feature supported by the Dashcam. Thanks all!

Welcome,
Home page "https://dashcamtalk.com/" have a summary of current popular dashcams with pricing and where to buy. Depends on your budget and your requirements there's plenty to choose from.

Welcome,
Home page "https://dashcamtalk.com/" have a summary of current popular dashcams with pricing and where to buy. Depends on your budget and your requirements there's plenty to choose from.

Thanks. I'd noticed that we do have a good variety there. From the pictures of the A119, it looks like the mount stays on the windshield and that you can remove the dashcam from the mount, but I did wonder if we have folks that have personal experience with the A119 and if they'd had experience with removing it and attaching it on a daily basis? (I don't want my dashcam stolen, so I'd want to remove it from my car when I walked away.)

Thanks. I'd noticed that we do have a good variety there. From the pictures of the A119, it looks like the mount stays on the windshield and that you can remove the dashcam from the mount, but I did wonder if we have folks that have personal experience with the A119 and if they'd had experience with removing it and attaching it on a daily basis? (I don't want my dashcam stolen, so I'd want to remove it from my car when I walked away.)

they're fine with being removed and replaced however the design is such that they are very discreet when installed, if your wires are tucked away (which is quite easy to do) they are very hard to even notice when installed, removing them when you park gets old pretty quickly, it's the type of camera that is much safer to leave in place though which is good, some designs are so obvious that taking them out is almost a must

they're fine with being removed and replaced however the design is such that they are very discreet when installed, if your wires are tucked away (which is quite easy to do) they are very hard to even notice when installed, removing them when you park gets old pretty quickly, it's the type of camera that is much safer to leave in place though which is good, some designs are so obvious that taking them out is almost a must

Like jokiin said it can get old pretty quickly, I just remove it at work since I know it is going to be hell like temperatures in the day and there is a cctv recording everything.

If you get the A119 with the gps mount then it is a very easy removal since you do not need to unplug the usb cable. Overall it is very discrete from outside most people don't notice it.

Back