After all my doubts I bought one!... DavidUK's A119 odyssey

If one can get decanted quantities of Meguiar's D120 glass cleaner from any neighbouring detailer (minimum containers from Meguiar's are a gallon), I've found it to be quite effective in cleaning windows and windscreens without leaving smears or wipe marks. Have used and found products from Armor All, 3M (consumer range from Meguiar's) and Sonax to be inferior to the D120. The trick is to use very little product and a non-linting glass cloth.

A couple of minutes of claying the glass once in 3-6 months removes other embedded contaminants.

My wife bought some Norwex towels. To me they looked like normal microfiber but apparently there's something more to it because all I need is a little tap water on the cloth and it gets glass nice and clean with no streaks. If the glass is really bad I'll give it a scrub with a normal towel and glass cleaner or alcohol (and a brand new razor blade if there's stuff stuck on the glass like tree sap, glue, paint, or really stubborn bugs) then follow up with the damp Norwex.

Honestly, try newspaper. Scrunched up with vinegar, 50/50 isopropyl alcohol & water, or your favourite glass cleaner.
I tend to use Autoglym "Fast Glass" but without the right cloth any cleaner won't work well.
The micro fibre cloth I was using today was from Wilko, and left lint. Now binned!
In the kitchen we use E-cloths. The fine blue one is great for glass.
The problem with newspaper is that there is no control of what is in or on it, it may have stuff in it which will leave a smeary deposit on the glass, it may even contain stuff that will scratch the glass.

One of the important ingredients of paper is the whitener titanium dioxide, which also happens to be one of the hardest abrasives and easily able to scratch glass. It is one reason why newspaper is good at polishing glass, however if the particle size is not carefully controlled it can leave scratches and there is no good reason to carefully control the particle size for use in cheap newspaper.

Honestly, try newspaper. Scrunched up with vinegar, 50/50 isopropyl alcohol & water, or your favourite glass cleaner.
I tend to use Autoglym "Fast Glass" but without the right cloth any cleaner won't work well.
The micro fibre cloth I was using today was from Wilko, and left lint. Now binned!
In the kitchen we use E-cloths. The fine blue one is great for glass.
What about paper towels

I guess this is why opticians say never wipe your glasses with a paper tissue. It looks "soft" but could scratch the glass.

I can confirm that the noise (electrical buzz) is from the buttons. I ducktape them and I got a 90% improvement.

you have a spytec or a viofo model ?

it seems that the problem occurs only with the spytec model

different seller(s) from the same factory.

Viofo - I will make a post with the solution

a bit of warning regarding power bank: make sure you put it in the coolest place in the car (preferably in fireproof enclosure). Otherwise you might come back and your Porsche will be a pile of smoldering slag.
i read where the A119 has capacitors instead of lithium batteries. if you live in a hot or humid climate that's the dash cam you want. capacitors are different. so you should be okay. i'm looking to mount my a119 to a cell phone mount and then i can take it down when i want.

i read where the A119 has capacitors instead of lithium batteries. if you live in a hot or humid climate that's the dash cam you want. capacitors are different. so you should be okay. i'm looking to mount my a119 to a cell phone mount and then i can take it down when i want.

The windshield mount that is included with the camera is designed for easy removal of the camera. The camera comes with a mounting plate that attaches to the windshield with an adhesive and the camera slides onto or off of the mounting plate. You don't really need a cell phone mount to take the camera down whenever you want.

@SergeiF was talking about an external powerbank, not internal batteries.

Back