Am I the first to order the LUKAS LK-7900 ACE?

Ordered the Lukas :)

Now I need to find on eBay an av cable and cheapest possible monitor for aligning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is what turned up, hope it's the right sort :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366986862935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366986862935.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 212
Since searching for it Google now has automatically been updating me on the ETA of the flight in the notifications on my phone, magic!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

considering ordering one of these. i did see a couple user videos, wasn't too impressed so far. does anyone have any other self-taken videos?

I viewed the sample raw videos on my 110" screen (Optoma HD33 projector) and they were good even the night videos. Then I ordered :)

When viewing i found the number plates tricky to read even though the overall image looked great, almost like it was focussing too close to the car - if in traffic i could read the car in front obviously. Viewing frame by frame helped.

Overall though image quality I thought was as good as anything else and the spec was good for the price (basically a CR500 for half the price).

They also update regularly and have a good looking range of cut off devices, seems like a professional company.

Waiting for mine to clear customs at Heathrow now :-(

The 128G SD card is expensive comparatively but good in quality and performance.

markbitter said:
The 128G SD card is expensive comparatively but good in quality and performance.

How do you know this? Do you have any idea who the manufacturer is? I would think it's rebranded.

Hi Al,
Do you have one as a rear camera?
I'm wondering if the mount would work for a vertical rear screen?
Did you mount in the middle?
How is it at blocking your rear view mirror view?

Possibly ordering a second and another UPS.

Other option could be something completely different eg the new 1080p keychain camera.

Thanks.

Jazzist said:
Hi Al,
Do you have one as a rear camera?
I'm wondering if the mount would work for a vertical rear screen?
Did you mount in the middle?
How is it at blocking your rear view mirror view?

Possibly ordering a second and another UPS.

Other option could be something completely different eg the new 1080p keychain camera.

Thanks.

Yes, I have one in the rear window also. I have mine in the middle at the top and have no problem seeing anything. There is never anything to see at the top most of the rear window anyway. I only use this vehicle to drive to and from work so I have a laptop mount attached to the front passenger side like the police cars have where I installed a 7" TFT monitor that has two video inputs. I can switch to either view which it nice in different situations. I only intended to use this for a short time but I haven't gotten around to removing it yet. I like the idea of using the rear view which eliminates blind spots. I tried my Itronics ITB-100HD SP but no way is it as nice as the LUKAS. I wouldn't even think of a keychain device. I tried my DVR-720 also but no way hose'. Lukas all the way. Go for it. You won't be sorry.

Thanks Al. Does the mount rotate enough for vertical rear screen?
Could go and try but would mess up my alignment ;-)

Jazzist said:

Oh, so you want ME to mess up my alignment.................. :lol:

Al Drake said:
Jazzist said:

no just thought you may have had bracket in all positions as you've installed a few :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I will get it then figure it out even if it doesn't rotate enough. :cool:

Jazzist said:
Al Drake said:
Jazzist said:

no just thought you may have had bracket in all positions as you've installed a few :mrgreen::mrgreen:

It never occurred to me to try to rotate the bracket. The camera is symmetric so I saw to need. I don't see how you can gain anything. The trouble rotating the video doesn't seem worth the effort but maybe I'm missing something. Let me know how it works out if you give it a try.

Al Drake said:
Jazzist said:
Al Drake said:
Jazzist said:

It never occurred to me to try to rotate the bracket. The camera is symmetric so I saw to need. I don't see how you can gain anything. The trouble rotating the video doesn't seem worth the effort but maybe I'm missing something. Let me know how it works out if you give it a try.

I mean the Allen key adjustment, does it have enough for the GPS to be against vertical screen and camera normal. Guess it does as my front screen isn't far off vertical and I wasn't at the end of the adjustment. Will fix it somehow if it wont as standard.

Back