Am I the first to order the LUKAS LK-7900 ACE?

sundash said:
Where can you buy the polarizer filter, in Lukas or in photo shop?
Google and see how many are available. Spend as much as you like but I recommend the better named brands.

Al Drake said:
It screws on like all 37mm filters which can be purchased online. There is a large selection of CPL online also. They are interchangeable with my Sony Hand cam and other video cameras and still cameras.

Thanks, can use my existing Polaroid ones then. :)

Mtz said:
Al Drake said:
Let me remind you that this camera has a failed GPS application.
Where was your problem regarding GPS, in camera or in the PC viewer?
Today Lukas released a new firmware and viewer.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just installed the new firmware and all is well. Now I am about to purchase another ACE tonight for my rear window. I have the ITB-100 HD SP there now but it just isn't as good as the LUKAS. I've only had the ITB a few weeks but I always say you just can't have to many toys.

adamus said:
pls use dropbox.com f.e.
then you can post a public link.
youtube always change a little bit quality of movies.

unless I am looking in the wrong place Dropbox.com has a free trial but needs my credit card number. I am not sure I need this. Can you supply an upload page without going through that procedure?

Al Drake said:
adamus said:
pls use dropbox.com f.e.

unless I am looking in the wrong place Dropbox.com has a free trial but needs my credit card number. I am not sure I need this. Can you supply an upload page without going through that procedure?

DropBox

https://www.dropbox.com/install

Last edited by a moderator:
You can sign up for Dropbox here if you'd like. Would be doing me a favour as I get 500mb extra space (as would you). :D

http://db.tt/ZoagShnE

sundash said:
Al Drake said:
adamus said:
pls use dropbox.com f.e.

DropBox

https://www.dropbox.com/install

I did the install but I'll have to read more about how to post a link here for a video.

jamesbcd said:
You can sign up for Dropbox here if you'd like. Would be doing me a favour as I get 500mb extra space (as would you). :D

I installed but how does this help you?

Al Drake said:
I did the install but I'll have to read more about how to post a link here for a video.

Just drag the file you wish to upload into the Dropbox directory (Mine is on a secondary hdd, so mine is D:\Dropbox). Then right click the file and click Dropbox -> Share Link
Your browser will open up to the shared file page, click 'Get link' and paste it on the forums.

Al Drake said:
jamesbcd said:

I'm a free user which is limited to 2 GB space if i recall correctly. If you refer someone and they sign up, you both get an extra 500mb space.
You can get more space by doing simple stuff such as liking their Facebook page, or tweeting them etc. I've accumulated 52.88 GB. :D

Yeah, uploaded from Romania with 3MB/s.

enjoy,
Mtz

Al Drake said:
jamesbcd said:

1. Click with right Moustaste to your picture or video, click "send" select Dropbox.
2. open Dropbox folder on your computer then, "Share Link" click right mouse button on your video.

ready

Did anyone get the video out to work? Do I need to press any buttons after it's connected?

Having trouble getting my monitor to display anything. Using my FineVu AV cable and it's not working. :(

Maybe this camera have another pinout.
For example at my Itronics the first Pin is ground and the second is Video:
av-pinouts-zune-tbn.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Al Drake said:
Mtz said:
Al Drake said:
Let me remind you that this camera has a failed GPS application.
Where was your problem regarding GPS, in camera or in the PC viewer?
Today Lukas released a new firmware and viewer.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just installed the new firmware and all is well. Now I am about to purchase another ACE tonight for my rear window. I have the ITB-100 HD SP there now but it just isn't as good as the LUKAS. I've only had the ITB a few weeks but I always say you just can't have to many toys.
What are the advantages over the itb?
Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I just installed the new firmware and all is well. Now I am about to purchase another ACE tonight for my rear window. I have the ITB-100 HD SP there now but it just isn't as good as the LUKAS. I've only had the ITB a few weeks but I always say you just can't have to many toys.[/quote]
Thanks.

[/quote]

The video quality is better so I guess that would be number 1. The mic input sounds better also. The output to a monitor is far better. I like the ability to add filters. I've been using a CPL filter for a few days and can say it works wonders removing reflections from the dash with no bad effects. It's not the cheap CPL included with the device so that makes all the difference.
I probably won't use the ITB ever again and it will most likely sit in it's box but oh well............

The ITB still has no firmware update to provide English voice but I've read that may be on the way but if you snooze you lose. Still no fix for the poor quality video though.

What av cable did you purchase to get it to work?

I emailed Green-Sum and they said it's a 2 pole connection. I can't seem to find one. Any ideas people?

jamesbcd said:
What av cable did you purchase to get it to work?

I emailed Green-Sum and they said it's a 2 pole connection. I can't seem to find one. Any ideas people?

I first used one I had that came with a Nikon D-300 then I made one with cable and connectors I bought at Radio Shack. It's simple enough. Two wire with common ground from one plug type to the other. I don't know how else to explain it. The Nikon cable can be bought online but it has a rather large balun at the end that connects to the camera.

http://www.adorama.com/INKEGD100.html?g ... 4AodFzgA-Q

If you need more about making one post back and I will supply you with the exact connector supply.

Al Drake said:

Thanks.

The video quality is better so I guess that would be number 1. The mic input sounds better also. The output to a monitor is far better. I like the ability to add filters. I've been using a CPL filter for a few days and can say it works wonders removing reflections from the dash with no bad effects. It's not the cheap CPL included with the device so that makes all the difference.
I probably won't use the ITB ever again and it will most likely sit in it's box but oh well............

The ITB still has no firmware update to provide English voice but I've read that may be on the way but if you snooze you lose. Still no fix for the poor quality video though.

Would love to see a video comparison between the ITB100-HD SP and the Lukas LK-7900. My ITB does not suck as you would make it seem and from the vids I've seen of the Lukas the recordings looked washed out amongst other issues. This might be a user error issue with regards to adjusting software settings or them not knowing encoding the vids causing further loss. But I I'm not overly impressed with the Lukas's quality.

Maybe you can show what you're seeing on your end such as a screenshot or upload a recording...

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

Back