Amazon looking to abandon UPS, FedEx in favor of its own delivery service

Amazing how experienced and well established companies can ( maybe ) loose out to a idea, but it is the same over here, Danish postal is no more as it have merged with another Scandinavian postal firm to become post north.

And over here it have never been more expensive or slow sending a letter, and don't get me started on parcels and the price for sending one of those.

Amazon started doing free same-day (Prime) delivery in my neighborhood a few days back, and I believe it uses their in-house courier service. It was pretty shocking to order something in the morning only for it to show up a few hours later.

Amazon started doing free same-day (Prime) delivery in my neighborhood a few days back, and I believe it uses their in-house courier service. It was pretty shocking to order something in the morning only for it to show up a few hours later.

Like pizza delivery ? :)

I would hope my pizza arrives in under 6h. Soggy pizza is no good . :)

No worries, they will be using drones soon, so delivery should be within 30min.

Many things don't make sense o_O

I just read in the news some company bought a pice of land right next to one of the country's biggest ghetto's, and plan to build a hotel there.
Why do some one want to build a hotel where police and fire department is not welcome o_O

I usually like the idea of businesses growing within their own realm, but here I don't see the logic of it- the already established shippers are going to be really tough to beat and the capital needed is going to be enormous. I hope they do well with it since I no longer do Ebay and Amazon is where I buy now.

Phil

Denmark don't even have a Amazon :( so u have to rely on .uk and .de.

On the other hand i am kinda happy they don't, cuz other major players that come here and open up shop never seem to pay any tax.
Several International brands is here and sell for millions every year, but they don't pay a dime in taxes, just leech on us and the fawked up system we build.

Shame on them, and not least shame on the ppl that let it go on for decades, but then again i assume those ppl must get some form of kickbacks.

There's an Amazon terminal (not a distribution center) less than 30 miles from me. I would estimate well over half of my Amazon purchases in the last year have been routed through there and transferred to the USPS for final delivery. Three of my last four Amazon USPS deliveries have been on Sunday for items ordered on Friday.

Thats a nice turnaround :cool: i get my Amazon stuff pretty fast too, not least considering the last leg is with regular Danish mail, and now in Denmark a regular letter is 5 days to reach its destination, unless off course you pay 2 times the already ridiculous price, then you can get your letter there in 3 days,,,,,, maybe.

What i like most is the speed Amazon handle RMAs, its often they have a new SD card in my hands before i get the old one shipped off, not least if i filed RMA on a friday.

Back