AMBARELLA Introduces A9 Chipset capable of 4K Ultra HD Video

I actually downloaded a few full 4k videos earlier to see how it looks - to be honest it was awesome and I actually very nearly bought a 4k TV today for my mum's new place we're just moving her into - I'm still thinking about picking one up from Costco tomorrow for myself as we just got a massive bargain on a 1080p set.

4k is great for detail retrieval though as has been mentioned (you could see the bird in the video had hairy legs) - my monitor is just 2560x1440 but it looks amazing on this - I'm still tempted to go and buy that set tomorrow to test this footage properly!

4k is nice for sure, if not then just to take the 1080p part of the image you need.
Not ruling out 4K as future tv or computer monitor here, but at least on tv i am doubtfull cuz as it is now there is little to play 1:1 on such a screen.

This is an impressive video:

I'd love one of those drones - they've got some fantastic video out of that!

I'm assuming it's the Ambarella A9 onboard that drone

Last edited by a moderator:
It allso have a cheaper 1080p brother called HX-A100, and there is the new HX-A1 which is a little bullet camera on its own.

Offcourse these dont have dashcam functionality like auto start - event recordings ASO

Back