another mindless pedestrian

Not sure about the U.S., but do the painted white stripes on the roadway indicate "give-way" for crossing pedestrians?

I suppose some pedestrians assume motorists can tolerate a few seconds following the red light?

CoreTech said:
Not sure about the U.S., but do the painted white stripes on the roadway indicate "give-way" for crossing pedestrians?

I suppose some pedestrians assume motorists can tolerate a few seconds following the red light?

The pedestrians always have the right of way. Taking the side of the "jaywalker" sometimes it becomes a pastime.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/10/01/j ... who-cares/
It’s not a newsflash to say that walking in front of moving cars can be hazardous to your health. And yet, jaywalking is a favorite pastime in Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
When a pedestrian uses the Zebra crossing or the white lines does this indicate to other drivers to slowdown or give way, or is this different in Boston?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milamber said:
When a pedestrian uses the Zebra crossing or the white lines does this indicate to other drivers to slowdown or give way, or is this different in Boston?

Everywhere I know of in Mass and NH the pedestrian always has the right of way as soon a they step off the curb. Hopefully the cross walk is used and drivers beware. In the big city it seems to be every man for himself with traffic so heavy most use the cross walk and push the button and wait for a "walk" icon to appear on the light. It used to be the red and yellow but that was a long time ago. I've never seen any zebra crossing. :lol:

Al Drake said:
Milamber said:

Everywhere I know of in Mass and NH the pedestrian always has the right of way as soon a they step off the curb. Hopefully the cross walk is used and drivers beware. In the big city it seems to be every man for himself with traffic so heavy most use the cross walk and push the button and wait for a "walk" icon to appear on the light. It used to be the red and yellow but that was a long time ago. I've never seen any zebra crossing. :lol:

Haha! Zebra Crossing images!

nissan-qashqai-xenon-lights-zebra-crossing-small-14205.jpg

cars don't stop for you in China, anytime I have friends here for the first time that don't know and just step off like they would at home I have to remind them that pedestrian crossings are just designated places to get run over

jokiin said:
cars don't stop for you in China, anytime I have friends here for the first time that don't know and just step off like they would at home I have to remind them that pedestrian crossings are just designated places to get run over

LOL :lol:

Milamber said:
jokiin said:

as funny as that might sound, what I mean is that if you get run over on a crossing you have recourse through insurance, if you're not on the crossing where you're meant to be then kiss any hope of insurance cover goodbye, cars still don't stop though so it's the designated place to get hit, I drive here and sometimes pull up at crossing out of habit and pedestrians look and wonder what's going on

jokiin said:
Milamber said:
jokiin said:

as funny as that might sound, what I mean is that if you get run over on a crossing you have recourse through insurance, if you're not on the crossing where you're meant to be then kiss any hope of insurance cover goodbye, cars still don't stop though so it's the designated place to get hit, I drive here and sometimes pull up at crossing out of habit and pedestrians look and wonder what's going on

About a month ago my wife backer her car into the street and stopped to let a motorcycle go buy when the biker struck her car. He had plenty of room to get by as the onlookers reported yet she was found a fault and our insurance company paid the guy $100,000. Bikes and people are always seen as helpless on the road most of the time. Now I have a dash cam for the front and rear of both our cars.

Back