Another Mobius Rival - The Dimika Action Cam

I am afraid this is just a beginning of "Mobius rival" saga.
This reminds me years ago mobile phones touchscreen boom after first iPhone was released.
The good thing is that more competition leads to more innovations and its all in favour of end consumer.
Bad thing about competition is that many so called rivals will be cutting on production cost to beat rival product price and it leads to product lower quality ( bad for consumer ).

Don't be surprised if this is coming from the same people who made the INNOVV (for a different customer).

From the specs I have a feeling that developer reads Mtz thread "Mobius suggestions" and implemented some interesting features we all have been "demanding" long time ago from mobius: - motion detection rec and time laps. Other features looks similar to innovv and mobius.

Don't be surprised if this is coming from the same people who made the INNOVV (for a different customer).

You mean team #18?, - never know. Time will tell.
Good thing "they" finally started to listen to us what needs to we have.

The winner of this race will be the one who can offer best video quality + all or almost all most vital features we ask, and of course for fair price.

I like where things are headed, more small cams (without screen), that produce a "pretty good" image quality at less than $80

From the specs I have a feeling that developer reads Mtz thread "Mobius suggestions" and implemented some interesting features we all have been "demanding" long time ago from mobius: - motion detection rec and time laps. Other features looks similar to innovv and mobius.

One might think that a developer reading these threads here at Dashcamtalk who is seeking to implement features of interest to buyers of dash cameras would offer it in an all black finish.

One might think that a developer reading these threads here at Dashcamtalk who is seeking to implement features of interest to buyers of dash cameras would offer it in an all black finish.

Maybe they have a tactic first to creat some buzz, then come out with a suprise ( black matt finish, + other extras ).

Everyone who studied a marketing knows that there are tons of different marketing tactics and manipulative tricks on how to bring out succesfully a new product to the market with best possible interest in it.
Who knows, maybe they hired some good marketing consultant ? ;)

I wonder if this would fit my quest to find something for my friends Construction Site theft problem.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...theft-of-contractors-tools-on-job-sites.2999/
"The DIMIKA Action Cam is an extreme powerful video camera which is designed for all activities where light-weight, small-size and high performance are required. Equipped with a true 1080p High Definition (HD) Video Image Sensor and a latest Video Processor, the DIMIKA supports high-end features such as G-Sensor, Slow Motion Support, Time-Lapse, Wide Dynamic Range, Motion Detection and Low-Light-Sensitivity. Use it as a flying eye on a Quad -Copter or RC-Aircraft, as a Dash-Cam in your vehicle, as a Black-Box on your bike, as an Action Cam on your Hang-Glider or even as a Webcam on your computer - the DIMIKA camera is an all-rounder."

Motion detection on Dimika is not practical, - need to be set-up via PC. Can not be set-up on the go. - this is drawback.

Motion detection on Dimika is not practical, - need to be set-up via PC. Can not be set-up on the go. - this is drawback.
Maybe, but what if it was only used for Motion detection 24/7? (never needed to be changed back to regular mode)

"Please use the USB cable in the package only! Using other cables will damage the camera!"
Mobius works fine on generic USB cables, so another potential drawback unless it's wrong info posted on the site.

Maybe, but what if it was only used for Motion detection 24/7? (never needed to be changed back to regular mode)

It detects motion from max 3 meters only. and not yet known how big is delay from detection of motion til it starts recording. If it quick hit and run situation or somebody vandal your car, there are chances you dont get vital data recorded. That reminds me one of the techmoan reviews if you remember.
The only good motion detection sensitivety dashcam I know to do a good job for constant 24/7 motion det rec is Panorama2. Others has a long rec delay and less sensitivety.

I dont know what is better though, all the useful info or poor Tom Frank trying not to lose it :mad: over all the car cam comments he hates so much as they are 'off topic'. :p

I think Tom is more annoyed by the RC fans who seem unable to use the search facility, & ask the same questions over & over again ... the answers to most of them being covered by Posts 1 to 4. Or perhaps it's just me who finds it irritating?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Jim
Maybe they have a tactic first to creat some buzz, then come out with a suprise ( black matt finish, + other extras ).

Everyone who studied a marketing knows that there are tons of different marketing tactics and manipulative tricks on how to bring out succesfully a new product to the market with best possible interest in it.
Who knows, maybe they hired some good marketing consultant ? ;)

I'd rather see them put the money into developing the best camera they are capable of instead of hiring a marketing consultant. :) - A "killer" product usually has its own marketing momentum.

You probably right.
From user manual can read "micro-usb", not mini-usb port:

http://dimikacamera.com/dimika-user-manual/

also microsd / usb port has same as on the 720p MycroCam::
- cover solution
- lens centred
- microphone position
- buttons position
- reset button position
- microsd

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/861204/

I guess they both coming from #18 team using same board, just slightly different outer shell ?
MycroCam size 50 x 32 x 17.
Dimika size 64 x 38 x 16

Interesting that Dimika advertises using 1/2.7" CMOS ?! , - most likely it still NT96650 + AR0330 CMOS which is actually 1/3 CMOS , not 1/2.7, unless they really fit some big size CMOS, but price tells me different.

I'd rather see them put the money into developing the best camera they are capable of instead of hiring a marketing consultant. :) - A "killer" product usually has its own marketing momentum.

Agree on this. Of course perfect scenario would be having both: talented R&D + good marketing. Mobius has passionate developers, but bad marketing sense with poor open vision, thats why they stucked with RC groups in the first place. But thanks to new rivals ( innovv and now dimika ), - they stared thinking differently, started listening to other potential markets and its in our favour ;)

Back