Another Tesla Crash in Hong Kong

hkdrive

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Enters wrong lane, cuts double white lines, boom!

So dash cam driver doesn't try to brake or steer!?

No point in sounding the horn - use hands to avoid the crash!

With so many safety features, the Tesla was unable to avoid this one when a moron was driving it.

With so many safety features, the Tesla was unable to avoid this one when a moron was driving it.
Even Teslas can't be moron-safe. :rolleyes::p

I try to avoid cones, but in this situation they'd be toast.
Did I hear the sound of slamming the brake pedal? Didn't seem to have much effect. Was too late for that anyway.

As for the Tesla driver, I understand there is a temptation to bend rules, but when people do so can't they at least try to do it safely? (Rhetorical question, I know that's beyond some people.)

It still amazes me sometimes that some people have successfully made the money to buy a nice car, yet they are too stupid to drive sensibly.

Cam affects perception ... ( Wide angle and all that )
It was raining , so the road might be a little slippery .
What was the drivers attention on ? Sometimes people look away from the road , check speed , check mirrors , check whats around you ...
That one second delay , ( Checking something - mirrors - speedo - what ever ) is all it takes for a simple bone head maneuver to become metal crunching fun ....

What was the drivers attention on ? Sometimes people look away from the road , check speed , check mirrors , check whats around you ...
That one second delay , ( Checking something - mirrors - speedo - what ever ) is all it takes for a simple bone head maneuver to become metal crunching fun ....
This is true. It's easy to watch a video and think "why didn't the person filming see that right away and react sooner." But the driver might not have been looking where the camera was. And human vision isn't a sharp view over 120 or 140 degrees or whatever.

I sometimes think it might be necessary to have a head-mounted camera to show what I'm looking at and how easy it is to not see things. With the nonsense I have to put up with in town with people coming from nowhere to overtake dangerously, it would make interesting viewing. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Maybe I'll get a Mobius with longer lens and clip it to a baseball cap.

Yeah its milliseconds of not looking and you are screwed if those milliseconds was the wrong ones, which make what people do with their smartphones even more stupid and dangerous.

I almost crashed myself once, just cuz i decided to focus on my car radio for the wrong milliseconds, luckily my car was full of ppl that shouted out.

I actually did crash into a light pole near a very slight bend in the road, because I was messing with the radio. I was 18. luckily it was a glancing hit, which only broke the corner light, destroyed the fender and ripped the right front wheel partly off. No damage to the main headlight or the hood. Only injury was my right hand because i pounded the steering wheel so hard after realizing how stupid I'd been. I told the reporting officer to take away my license because I didn't deserve to have one. He didn't. Instead he wrote me a ticket for "failure to maintain single lane traffic". :rolleyes:

Since then all other crashes I've been involved in were clearly the other person's fault, like when they rear ended me while I was stopped at a red light, they pulled out in front of me from a side street, or they just rolled into the back of me in stop n go traffic. Or the most recent one where they went straight from a left turn only lane and drive right into the side of me.

Im freaked out by the fact my sisters oldest kid Martin dont have a license, he is like 27 or something now, and his little sister already got a license and even crashed her mothers car once. ( reversing accident )
That freaked her out a little so her uncle do his best to force her back up on the horse and get going :D i do hope i win a little money soon so i can afford to give her my little red car, and by myself something new,,,, and take care of insurance for her as thats pretty expensive even with a little car for a new driver.

Cam affects perception ... ( Wide angle and all that )
It was raining , so the road might be a little slippery .

Glad someone actually point this out. These wide angle cam makes things look further than they actually is!

The cones are there to stop people cutting the double white lines before the toll entry. Maybe they need to put these cones closer together to stop idiots doing this

Back