Any chance of footage recovery on an Insignia dash cam?

left_reputation

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone
On my Sandusky SD card for my Insignia dash cam (from Best Buy), I had renamed a folder name containing my footage (called Folder1). I replaced the SD card back into the dash cam, thinking that the old files would be overwritten, however the camera created a brand new folder for the new footage (called CARDV), and once the SD was full, the camera deleted footage from CARDV, rather than the old footage from Folder1. I checked the SD card and there is about 1gb of storage left. I believe the camera deleted some extra files. Is there any chance of recovery?

Also, I was wondering if I should try downloading data recovery software myself to scan for files, or would that damage the SD card and potentially cause more data loss?

Hi everyone
On my Sandusky SD card for my Insignia dash cam (from Best Buy), I had renamed a folder name containing my footage (called Folder1). I replaced the SD card back into the dash cam, thinking that the old files would be overwritten, however the camera created a brand new folder for the new footage (called CARDV), and once the SD was full, the camera deleted footage from CARDV, rather than the old footage from Folder1. I checked the SD card and there is about 1gb of storage left. I believe the camera deleted some extra files. Is there any chance of recovery?
The dash cam no display to FORMAT the SD Card after you inserted into the Memory Card? Normally, it should display to format the SD Card first.

The dash cam no display to FORMAT the SD Card after you inserted into the Memory Card? Normally, it should display to format the SD Card first.
I formatted the SD card when I first used it. After I renamed the videos folder and reinserted the card, there was no message to format the card.

Back