Any chance of viofo adding video playback through some firmware update?

mms1361

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this even remotely possible with the hardware?

I don't know what the cost is of adding an LCD vs adding wifi/developing an app to know what's more convenient for them. But I was just thinking to myself the only use the LCD has is to position the camera. Is this a trend with most LCD dashcameras that don't have wifi? Or is there cams without wifi that also have onboard playback?

As I understand the only way to currently playback videos is by physically unmounting the SD card and playing back on some external device.

playback is already supported, when the camera is in standby mode (on but not recording) press the emergency button which will bring up the playlist, it's in the manual

I didnt see it anywhere in the manual, website nor did i find any youtube video displaying this. Good to know, feel stupid for asking now. Will try when i receive my replacement.

Thanks for the info. When I was searching for playback the only solution that I found was people buying a micro SD to micro USB(phone jack) adapter and playing the video through the phone in case a police officer needed to see it or something.

Thanks for the info. When I was searching for playback the only solution that I found was people buying a micro SD to micro USB(phone jack) adapter and playing the video through the phone in case a police officer needed to see it or something.

that just makes it a lot easier to share video, bigger screen, not tied to the vehicle etc

see my A119S Setup video near the end on how to access and view clips on the 2inch LCD

Back