Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

maybe the 512GW should have been released as or when the rear cam was ready so that people could have decided to purchase just the 512gw or both the front and rear at the time ......

That's not going to happen with any manufacturer.

In most industries I suspect too.

Take computer games - there are dozens of updates on some of those during the life of the game. If they waited until it was all updated they'd never sell anything and make enough money to allow for testing and fine tuning!

Take computer games - there are dozens of updates on some of those during the life of the game. If they waited until it was all updated they'd never sell anything and make enough money to allow for testing and fine tuning!

And up pops Mr Iddon !!!!!

And up pops Mr Iddon !!!!!

Just stating a fact buddy.

Happens everywhere, not just at NB.

I don't give a fig actually. I don't have a 512 nor do I want a cam to stick with one.

Just stating a fact buddy.

Happens everywhere, not just at NB.

I don't give a fig actually. I don't have a 512 nor do I want a cam to stick with one.

Good for you then, well done, I'd rather have replies from them that actually own the 512gw ....... I do give a "Fig" cause I own one !

Better to have a rear addon cam that works than getting a dodgy one few week early.

That's just a silly reply.... when the 512gw was released it'd gone through test, after test, after test but "hay" they still go back as faulty as mine did with tiffany's help she diagnosed it wasn't recording correctly ...... but I expect they go in the shops one day ....

this is a little BS. I have seen many products released over the years which couldn't or didn't need updates further down the line. more recently my camcorder for instance just works out of the box. going back years to Sinclair and commodore computers they didn't get updates they just made sure they worked on release.

I mean in theory you could wait and release a product when it all works then move onto the next one and you would still have the same time scale. but these days manufacturers want to release tech before it actually works fully to keep ahead of the other guy. the thinking being if I release before another manufacturer I can corner the market.

I can feel all of your frustrations as the time goes on - we also want it out as soon as possible, I don't want to be giving any more estimates so I'm holding off on a firm date to give you.

That is correct in some industries @cypher007 , anyone with a smartphone though will have experienced having to update and the improvements that brings.

As much as we can try to avoid it @RoVic some do end up faulty: you did have a faulty unit, :( it's been exchanged and I believe all is well now?

I can feel all of your frustrations as the time goes on - we also want it out as soon as possible, I don't want to be giving any more estimates so I'm holding off on a firm date to give you.

That is correct in some industries @cypher007 , anyone with a smartphone though will have experienced having to update and the improvements that brings.

As much as we can try to avoid it @RoVic some do end up faulty: you did have a faulty unit, :( it's been exchanged and I believe all is well now?

Thank you Tiffany, you did yourself and next Base proud with speed you got my 512gw sorted ......... ;]]]

I think so too @Simcor we're just waiting on a final test. I'm as eager as you are I can assure you :(

as a retired software tester I applaud your caution. Nothing worse than angry customers following a premature release.... Ask Microsoft :)

Ah the Microsoft testing strategy.

Patch it out and wait for the phone to ring.

as a retired software tester I applaud your caution. Nothing worse than angry customers following a premature release.... Ask Microsoft :)[/QUOTEP
as a retired software tester I applaud your caution. Nothing worse than angry customers following a premature release.... Ask Microsoft :)
premature !! Jezzz it’s a camera not a new invention

I suspect it is a marketing ploy and we won't see it until 2018 then NB can advertise it saying "New For 2018" yada yada yada

It would be simpler for me/us in technical support if that was the case @Auld Reekie , its been us making sure the rear camera talks to the 512GW correctly.

Both hardware and software need to be in sync.

O'Dear looks like the price of the 512gw is coming down already !!! At this rate the rear cams going to cost more then the main front cam

Still no updates on a release date yet or at least a progress report on the hid up other than making sure the cameras talk to each other?

Is it still on the slow boat from China??

Back