Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

I hope it hasn’t @J-K :( , I am ever so sorry for the lack of replies I’ve been on annual leave: still am until Boxing Day but I will try my best to find out before then.

@RoVic the rear cam is tiny as you’ve seen without all the features the 512GW has so please rest assured it won’t ever be anywhere near the cost!

Just joined the forum.
Why, because its so useful to receive a prompt response from the manufacturers representative.

Ive been using a 512G since they came out and its been superb.
But hearing me talk about a rear cam my good lady gave me a 512GW saying I could use it in the rear.
Checked out the new cam and find underneath a R-CAM slot????
This forum then tells me read a rear cam add-on for the 512GW is on the cards so registering allows me to keep a watch for Tiffany's 'buy it now' post!

(y)

It all sounds great to me, I will patiently wait.

Just joined the forum.
Why, because its so useful to receive a prompt response from the manufacturers representative.

Ive been using a 512G since they came out and its been superb.
But hearing me talk about a rear cam my good lady gave me a 512GW saying I could use it in the rear.
Checked out the new cam and find underneath a R-CAM slot????
This forum then tells me read a rear cam add-on for the 512GW is on the cards so registering allows me to keep a watch for Tiffany's 'buy it now' post!

(y)

I often wonder if our local nextbase retailers that sell the 512gw even know there's gonna be a rear cam coming out soon

I often wonder if our local nextbase retailers that sell the 512gw even know there's gonna be a rear cam coming out soon

The camera came from Maplins.
With it came a free SD card of Maplins own brand, however because I will be fitting the rear cam as well Im considering a buying this card;
SanDisk Extreme PRO 128 GB SDXC Memory Card up to 95 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30

Tiffany, can you advise of its 512GW suitability please?

Anyone have experiences how this card performs in their 512GW cams?

Thanks in advance.

Reckon Tiffany should send me one foc as this is my thread lol merry Xmas await arrival of rear plug in

The camera came from Maplins.
With it came a free SD card of Maplins own brand, however because I will be fitting the rear cam as well Im considering a buying this card;
SanDisk Extreme PRO 128 GB SDXC Memory Card up to 95 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30

Tiffany, can you advise of its 512GW suitability please?

Anyone have experiences how this card performs in their 512GW cams?

Thanks in advance.

Providing the card's a genuine one (plenty of fakes about) then it should be perfectly suitable

I have a standard Sandisk extreme in one of my cams (and Samsung Evo in the other)

Thanks for your replies guys, especially the link to Scan who should be reliable as the company has the 'By Royal Appointment' seal of approval.

Will be getting the 128gb Evo I think.

The funny side of the Scan packaging was a SD Card that came in a shoe box with loads of internal bubble wrap. Maybe to ensure it didn't get lost in the van.

I’d like added to this list. Is there any news yet? Could I use the 412gw on the rear with a similar effect?

Hello and Welcome @Mike J

I will of course let you know once released. I'm sorry I have taken a few days to respond, peak holiday time :).

That card looks perfect - definitely recommend the 128Gb if you're looking for the rear cam it'll give you more time to play with.

As @DashcamDPR said though, please make sure its purchased from a reputable place or direct from the manufacturer if possible.

Of course @Scout41 i'll probably get some information on the 2nd now once everyone has returned.

The 412GW cannot be connected into the R-Cam port but you can use a 412GW in the rear of your vehicle if you like, you'll need two cards and two cables then though so it'll be cheaper and worth waiting for the rear cam (can you tell I'm not in sales).

For those wanting to know about Scan (Scan computers), they are indeed a reputable company, they're almost on my doorstep and I've bought a good few computer related items over the last few years, my first being an external hard drive I bought when I was just a kid probably 17 years ago! (It still works but that won't be down to the magic of Scan I don't think)

It's a family run business, the staff are very friendly and helpful instore, it's effectively a large warehouse but with a "customer counter" for us locals, this means I've no experience with their online sales/delivery side of things, they're only 5 miles from me

I've also just remembered BTShop.com (formerly dabs.com) which is also only a few miles from me, they do a Toshiba Exceria 128gb class 10 at £39.99, I don't know much about the Toshiba cards, but its another reputable company, I bought 2 Toshiba Canvio 2tb portable HDDs from them for both my TVs, still going strong, they were the cheapest in the UK at the time at £50 each, I believe they've actually gone up in price since then.

Last edited:
Will follow this thread with interest as I'm going to buy a 512 (wish I'd decided when price was £119) and a rear cam is something I'd really like.

hi guys this might along shot but can i be added to that list and can you tell me if the rear cam is going to be sold in Ireland just been given the 512g from santa and have been looking for info on the rear cam and cam across this forum .

Welcome @mul13 of course.

Which model did you get was it the 512G or the 512GW?

Can you connect any USB rear camera to it? And will it be supported with the latest firmware upgrade. It seems very strange to wait this long for a rear facing camera. And yet the 612GW is out now without the rear camera option.

You can't connect any camera to it @Blue_Steele I'm sorry, you can of course use any camera you like in the rear as a separate device.

The 612GW is working at maximum capacity with the 4K images, adding a rear cam isn't an option.

Back