Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

I got a tracking number for mine, which says it’s for Royal Mail.

However, it shows as not valid if I try it on their tracking website.

Hopefully just a typo or something, I’m hopeful that it will arrive today as promised.

Last edited:
Mine has been delivered, I like the firmness of the ball joint, that definitely will not rattle or move from wherever it's stuck.

Mines also arrived. Presumably the recording of the low res files is disabled by connecting the rear cam?
Anyone tried the 17.9 FW supplied by Ian? Not had time to try myself.

Thanks Tiffany for your help.

@bigscotal I have just noticed that - unsure why this is the case, it may show information at or after the point of delivery.

Keep me posted.

There will be new firmware Friday - at the moment the camera doesn't do picture in picture properly. Nor can it act as "reversing camera" but on the new one I post it will be able to.

When I try to add to basket nothing happens. Can I order via phone with the discount code?

I got a tracking number for mine, which says it’s for Royal Mail.

However, it shows as not valid if I try it on their tracking website.

Hopefully just a typo or something, I’m hopeful that it will arrive today as promised.
Have had same before with RM parcels not showing on website.

There will be new firmware Friday - at the moment the camera doesn't do picture in picture properly. Nor can it act as "reversing camera" but on the new one I post it will be able to.
Been busy checking site as James thought would be available yesterday.

Thanks Tiffany arrived this morning , just need to do firmware upgrade before I can use it .... many thanks again great service

Hi all,
Did anyone get a confirmation email when ordering? The website was very slow and took a few attempts to finally, after payment, get to the "your order has been received" page. Just wondering if my order got through as some of you have start to receive the cam now. I've had nothing from support after emailing them!

Cheers

We're just testing it, I will post when available.

You don't HAVE to have new firmware @simonwwfc BUT the above errors may be there if you don't.

It will records and so on, just not showing on the 512GW correctly.

I tried calling you @gskips please don't worry we can check over our systems as sort out what ever has happened.

So sorry you haven't had a response yet we've been a little inundated.

@NextBase Tiffany Will the non-logo version of the firmware be updated too? I noticed on here that others have said that they have the option to turn off dual files, and I don't. (Unless that was for the 412GW, apologies if it is)

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, it is version R18.0.

Last edited:
That kind of answer part of my question on my latest thread.

Odd that the pip seems to work fine on 15.8 and the first time I plugged it in it offered the reverse camera function.

Personally I wouldn't use it as a reverse camera myself anyway but a rear view so I know it's working would be better as mine is also mostly hidden behind the rear view mirror.

Hi Tiff, I got a email acknowledging order etc and it states "Order Complete" but I didn't receive any tracking No to show it has been posted etc. Should I have?

*Forget this post Tiff, got mine today via Royal Mail, signed for it but wasn't given any tracking number before it arrived. No matter, I've got it now and just waiting for firmware update before it goes live. Running the cable from front to rear under the roof lining was great fun...lol Just a tip to all, when sticking the rear cam onto the rear window, make sure it is absolutely clean ( I used meths to clean the glass) and make sure it does not stick on the glass above any part of the heated rear window element.! (elementary really) ;)

Last edited:
Back