Any way to tell which kind of fuses these are? I really don't know much about this stuff.

Synthetica

Reaction score
Country
United States

Any advice would be appreciated. Currently looking at the A119 V3 and hard wiring it into my 2003 Ford Focus.

Attachments

• fuses.jpeg
    fuses.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 21
Is it safe to remove by hand? There was no tool near the fuse box as far as I could tell.
Just make sure you remember which socket to put it back into!

Judging by the 2 holes in the upper surface of the fuses its either regular ATO or mini ATO, low profile and micro 2 have those holes more towards the side.
I am inclined to guess on the "big" standard ATO fuses, or those bolts around the box are mighty small ones but i think they might be something like 10 - 12 mm or a Imperial equivalent to those sizes.

The 2 are easy to tell apart, the mini ones are almost pointy on the 2 legs, the regular ATO fuses have blunt legs.

@Synthetica Here in the US you can drop by any of the major auto-parts chain stores like AutoZone, Advance, O'Reiley's, or Pep Boys and they will come out to your car and ID the fuse type for free.

Phil

That kind of service we Danes lost long ago. :cry:

We are now down to figure it out on your own, or let big brother do it for you for a substantial price on the tax, and sadly the latter option seem to be the popular one.

I'd use a skinny plier to remove the fuse without breaking my nails tho. Especially if the car's fuses have never been removed before, it can be pretty tight and little grip to hold on to.

That's what i do too, some cars do have a little plastic fuse puller thingy in the fuse box, but not on my cheap little Suzuki car.

Those mini fuse pullers are "use during emergency only" items. LOL ... also not great, but better than nail.

Back