Anybody know what's in the new firmware?

I'll have another look at this in case there's a coding error, might take a bit though so bear with us for the moment, have to do some tests and make some files following your settings and check the results etc

Basically any file that ends after 1600 will have GPS data that shows the following date. So on 11/30/2015 a file that stops at 1538 would show GPS dates as 11/30 and the next file at 1601 would show the GPS date as 12/01. For the second file, all the embedded GPS shows as 12/01, even prior to 1600.

I found this by accident when RV did not automatically join the two files. When manually joined, RV shows a 24hr gap. I just double checked my files recorded prior to the 1109.V2 update and they do not show this anomaly.

I am on Western US time (GMT -8).

engineer is having a look at this already, will reply with more detail once he comes back to me about it

I'm getting this issue too, it's fairly prevalent as well due to the time zone I'm in and when I drive to work.

Example. I'm in Western Australia, so GMT+8. Left home at 7:48am today. There are two 'entries' created in registrator viewer, the first one is from 0748 until I get to work, the second one starts at exactly 0800 and continues until I get to work. Both are the exact same files, except the first one says I left at 0748 yesterday, the second one says I left at 0800 today, and has the remainder of the trip.

Can provide a screen shot of registrator viewer if you want, not sure if it's software related or dashcam related, but this wasn't happening before the firmware update.

I'm getting this issue too, it's fairly prevalent as well due to the time zone I'm in and when I drive to work.

Example. I'm in Western Australia, so GMT+8. Left home at 7:48am today. There are two 'entries' created in registrator viewer, the first one is from 0748 until I get to work, the second one starts at exactly 0800 and continues until I get to work. Both are the exact same files, except the first one says I left at 0748 yesterday, the second one says I left at 0800 today, and has the remainder of the trip.

Can provide a screen shot of registrator viewer if you want, not sure if it's software related or dashcam related, but this wasn't happening before the firmware update.

no need for the screenshot, we're looking at it now and will put out another update once it's sorted, hopefully won't be too long

. I'm in Western Australia, so GMT+8. Left home at 7:48am today. There are two 'entries' created in registrator viewer, the first one is from 0748 until I get to work, the second one starts at exactly 0800 and continues until I get to work. Both are the exact same files, except the first one says I left at 0748 yesterday, the second one says I left at 0800 today, and has the remainder of the trip.
You can manually join those two video segments in RV using "group with" for playback or "save group" to save the merged file. I noticed that when I play back the merged (saved) file, the date shown in the GPS / speed window shows the correct date throughout. But if you just want to quickly view the two file segments just use "group with"; the speed window will look odd in RV but the video plays back fine.
RV-Grouping Dialog.PNG RV-Save Group.PNG

Back