Anybody know what's in the new firmware?

...sometimes things are one step forward, two steps back (even the modest stuff is a lot of work),...
Having spent a considerable portion of my life in S/W development I can certainly attest to that. :(

Having spent a considerable portion of my life in S/W development I can certainly attest to that. :(

then I'm sure you know the frustration, and we're still not finished, still work to do and this is just one model, we have two other cameras we're doing firmware for and two new models in development, this stuff is never ending unfortunately

Does updating with this firmware do the re-calibration of the sensor?

My firmware ends in .002.

you version is manually calibrated, the new firmware moves the calibration to a protected memory area so it will not overwrite the settings

let me know if you have any issues after updating though as it is possible to recalibrate on your version

let me know if you have any issues after updating though as it is possible to recalibrate on your version
Just as a matter of curiosity what might occur that would require a recalibration?... Anything specific 'symptoms'?

Just as a matter of curiosity what might occur that would require a recalibration?... Anything specific 'symptoms'?

if you get bright pixels during very dark or blacked out video scenes, doesn't effect normal operation of the camera and it's very much just a cosmetic thing

if you get bright pixels during very dark or blacked out video scenes, doesn't effect normal operation of the camera and it's very much just a cosmetic thing
Thanks.

Upgraded the firmware today, no issues whatsoever.

I do have one small request, is it possible to make the red led for recording constantly on when recording. Even better, does the SDK allow a setting to turn off all lights after bootup?

I do have one small request, is it possible to make the red led for recording constantly on when recording.
wasn't this on the initial release firmware and was changed to flashing on request from people? or something like that any way??

wasn't this on the initial release firmware and was changed to flashing on request from people? or something like that any way??

yeah the old version when you stopped recording the light would stay on solid which was counter intuitive

Seems like firmware disappeared from the site before I managed to download it... Is it because of site maintenance/changes?

Seems like firmware disappeared from the site before I managed to download it... Is it because of site maintenance/changes?

yeah we had a problem with the site, it's just being restored now, the links are posted on the first page in this thread though anyway, we host those offsite so they're still accessible

...it stops the time jumping out of sync which was happening in some circumstances which would then cause the file order to change and overwrite the incorrect files
As a matter of clarification is the the date/time issue when crossing midnight in selected time zones?

Back