Anyone had their dashcam stolen?

not to mention that it seems to be impossible to clean up 100% of the broken glass. when my first car was broken into (and then NOTHING stolen, not even the change in the cup holders!) i always heard a piece or two of glass every time i closed the door. and every time i vacuumed inside, i'd find yet another piece of glass.
That's true as some of those go in the door panel itself and rattle.
Window replacing guys don't always clean in there properly.

If the pea heads decide to play back the video, they would know your comings and goings, particularly any regular pattern (like leaving home for work) and may well visit your home while away.
Street name and landmarks would obviously be clearly visible.

Would actually be good if the video in the camera could only be played back after entering a PIN number - some form of encrypted video.

If the pea heads decide to play back the video, they would know your comings and goings, particularly any regular pattern (like leaving home for work) and may well visit your home while away.
Street name and landmarks would obviously be clearly visible.

Would actually be good if the video in the camera could only be played back after entering a PIN number - some form of encrypted video.

In my case, considering they destroyed half the necessary equipment in the process of stealing it, I highly doubt they have the required level of intelligence necessary to pull off something like that :p

In my case, considering they destroyed half the necessary equipment in the process of stealing it, I highly doubt they have the required level of intelligence necessary to pull off something like that :p
Playing videos from sd card?
a 2 year old toddler can do it.

Playing videos from sd card?
a 2 year old toddler can do it.

The thieves in my area are considerably less intelligent than 2 year old toddlers. All they'll do is take it to a pawn shop who won't take it without a mount/charger, then walk about for a bit trying to sell it to randoms on the street, and eventually give up and bin the thing :p

That's true as some of those go in the door panel itself and rattle.
Window replacing guys don't always clean in there properly.
i replaced it myself. no sense in paying a $500 deductible when i can go to a junkyard and get a new piece of glass for $50 and drop it in there in about 20 minutes time, and spend another 20-30 mins trying to vacuum it all up. it's hard to get the vac hose down in the door because of the crash structure and small/sharp openings on the inside (metal, under the cosmetic door panel). door panels are one of my least favorite areas to work in because of those sharp edges.

Should anyone end up similarly, the loose glass can be hushed with a spray can of car-body undercoater which will hold it in place. Easier to replace glass than to repair a door or trunk (boot) lid from a prying attack! Most petty thieves and druggies here just keep looking till they find an unlocked car which usually doesn't take very long, while the professionals simply take the whole car.

Phil

Back