Anyone here running the Xiaomi XiaoYi Yi Smart Wifi Cam?

Get to the china appstore, download the Yi Smart Home app.
I did that and now works flawlessly.

No no it is diffrent story :) I have already chinese app. But some cameras - probably produced from 1st Nov has region lock feature and you cant update firmware which is newest from "L".

Looking at getting one of these, is it possible to get the US (international???) version to the UK so I can use the English app?

I'm guessing the ones being sold on gearbest are the Chinese versions?

Hello friends I have purchase the same camera that is xiaomi ants and have successfully configured the same by various hacks available to change the timezone and also to enable Telnet and rtsp streaming without any password.

I can watch the video and also hear the audio using VLC media player on my laptop and the same on my Android phone using tinycam. Also the official application for Android works on my phone and shows me the video and audio.

I intend to buy a couple of those cameras and install them around my office for video surveillance as of now we have been using analogue cameras and a DVR but the video of the xiaomi ants is exceptional and the camera is very affordable.

Now my concern is that I wish to record the video to a NAS - I have netgear ready nas installed and I would want to create and share a folder on one of the hard drives to save the video - please suggest how can I accomplish this.

Also I would want to set static IP address on the camera - I can do so by Mac ID filtering on my router and assigning static routes but I would at the same time want to know of its possible to edit the camera configuration files.

Kindly help and oblige

Does anyone here has the problem with the "fail to load video recorded..."?
Anytime I get a movement notification, I try to see what happened, but it says it failed to load the video. I have to go into the camera, to check out what´s happening.

I recently updated the firmware, and now I downgraded it back to 1.8.5.1 think so, because of the "not in china" problem.

Interested in trying one of these cams at home. Has anyone in Australia managed to get their hands on one and use it?

The Amazon link to the US version, will it only support US 110Hz electrical frequency or will it also support Australia 240Hz?

Blame the seller if that's the case

They shouldn't have let the CN sell all around the world.
Will I be able to claim something after few months to an amazon seller?
This really sucks. Got 3 stuck cameras.

Thumbs down Xiaomi.

They shouldn't have let the CN sell all around the world.
Will I be able to claim something after few months to an amazon seller?
This really sucks. Got 3 stuck cameras.

Thumbs down Xiaomi.
That's the point, they don't let them, the sellers just buy out of the local market and resell them

That's the point, they don't let them, the sellers just buy out of the local market and resell them

Already talked to Amazon.
I´m sending my 4 camera back, and getting a refund.
I might be getting the US (international version) is the Yi2 any better?

Already talked to Amazon.
I'm sending my 4 camera back, and getting a refund.

good idea, only way to stop this happening is for more people to do the same

I might be getting the US (international version) is the Yi2 any better?

not sure, someone else may know

I got chinese version. Current firmware is 1.8.5.1H_201505191508
1. The motion detection not working properly, it doesn't detect anything. The only time it showed up was when I moved camera, it would show a few seconds and resume to live recording. Am I doing something wrong or motion detection is rubbish on this camera?
2. Is it possible to setup this cam to record 24/7 and just overwrite old footage on SD card like a dashcam?
--
edit: Where does this cam save footage? How do i access it?

Last edited:
ae86
1. the detection is not the best but it should be working. I have mine set for Motion Alert: the camera records continuously but when motion is detected a 6 seconds clip is uploaded to the Chinese servers and is accessible by phone app. You also most of the time get an notification on the phone.
2. This is how it works by default, exactly like a dashcam. The other option if I remember correctly is to set it up to record only when motion is detected.

3. the files are saved on the SD card. You can access all the files [not really see the files, but you browse back the footage] from the phone app or just take the SD out and connect it to PC or phone.

For extensive info related firmware/bugs/hacks see this forum with Google translate: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=638230&st=10060

ae86
1. the detection is not the best but it should be working. I have mine set for Motion Alert: the camera records continuously but when motion is detected a 6 seconds clip is uploaded to the Chinese servers and is accessible by phone app. You also most of the time get an notification on the phone.
2. This is how it works by default, exactly like a dashcam. The other option if I remember correctly is to set it up to record only when motion is detected.

3. the files are saved on the SD card. You can access all the files [not really see the files, but you browse back the footage] from the phone app or just take the SD out and connect it to PC or phone.

For extensive info related firmware/bugs/hacks see this forum with Google translate: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=638230&st=10060

Thanks,
I actually had camera running for few months. Using modified firmware allowing for rtsp, motion detection etc.

Problem now is I can't access rtsp IP link anymore so i flashed M modified firmware and setup using Yi app, no dice

Back