Anyone used two Mobiuses? Thinking of having one forward and one back

Spinball

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius & Panorama II S
Hello folks,
having pretty much made my mind up to get a Mobius to record a long distance road trip in a rental this summer, I wonder whether it would be a good idea to mount two Mobius cameras, one in the front and one in the back. Driving on the 'wrong' side of the road for thousands of miles, if there is an accident, I would like to be able to be able to offer evidence to the authorities.
I'm thinking that I'd need a very long USB cable for the rear camera, and a splitter cable for the lighter to USB. Actually I would need to power three devices from the lighter because I want to use my iPhone as a Satnav also.
Can anyone offer any advice please?
Thanks

Last edited:
The wife and I did a west coast trip a couple of years ago for honeymoon. I wouldn't worry, the roads in the US compared to home are easier to drive on, even though it is on the wrong side :) think it's because there so much wider

We did around 2000 miles. If you do want to buy a couple of Mobius cams for peace of mind then it's fine. There are a few on here that use 2 for front and back. If the cars only got one socket though you will need a 3 to 1 adaptor if using sat nav as well

Hello folks,
having pretty much made my mind up to get a Mobius to record a long distance road trip in a rental this summer, I wonder whether it would be a good idea to mount two Mobius cameras, one in the front and one in the back. Driving on the 'wrong' side of the road for thousands of miles, if there is an accident, I would like to be able to be able to offer evidence to the authorities.
Thanks

Spinball, will your long distance road trip be on the other side of the English Channel or the other side of the Pond?

Spinball, will your long distance road trip be on the other side of the English Channel or the other side of the Pond?
California. I'm hoping the 12v lighter sockets in American cars are the same.

Hello folks,
I'm thinking that I'd need a very long USB cable for the rear camera, and a splitter cable for the lighter to USB. Actually I would need to power three devices from the lighter because I want to use my iPhone as a Satnav also.
Can anyone offer any advice please?
Thanks
The Dodge Mini Van you're renting has a second socket by the sliding door.

Hello! I know this is a bit old but thought I'd share that I've been doing this for a while. Rather than use a very long USB cable, I ran only a power wire (from accessory turn on for radio because I was installing a new radio at that same time but you can go from fuse box) to the back of the car. I then wired up a female cigarette lighter adapter and plugged in my USB cigarette lighter charging gizmo. I then only needed a much shorter cable to go from there to the camera.

Back