Are Amazon Reviews Trustworthy?

guess a new manufacture is really determine to get onto the top rated list or something...

look, doesn't matter the quantity of the response or how fast the response is. what matters is the content of the response and the quality of it.

did the follow up reply from the seller answer your immediate questions? or was it a boilerplate response with silly questions you have already done (i.e. did you turn it off and on? did you unplug it..?)?

i much rather wait for a detailed response that gives me more in depth assistance than just a quick "hey i got your mail.." type response....

I just noticed more battery balloon fail reviews. I have a feeling many previous buyers will soon be 2nd time camera shoppers in the near future.

http://www.amazon.com/KDLINKS®-X1-D...ll_reviews&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

vbGktRG.png

5jB5H9r.png

ktNuNRY.png

wo56H1J.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum feaker :) Personally, I do not give Amazon reviews much credibility. Search this forum as there is some great information here, and some very smart and helpful members. Good luck!

@Dashcamtalk Site Management: how is site's policy concerning site members with retailer status and cheating (potential) customers by the way of fake (Amazon) reviews?

@Dashcamtalk Site Management: how is site's policy concerning site members with retailer status and cheating (potential) customers by the way of fake (Amazon) reviews?

While I agree it's a concern I don't know that the site owner can be responsible for monitoring what happens outside of here, or be in a position to decide what's true or otherwise, if you want to ask though you need to ask @DashCamMan

Here's another:
Ausdom AD118
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B011I4XMXShttps://www.reddit.com/r/Dashcam/comments/3jdt5a/opinions_on_the_ausdom_ad118_as_compared_to_say/

This camera is 720p, the higher resolutions are interpolated

Really want a laugh have a close read of the specs at the bottom of the page https://www.ausdom.com/ad118
NT96220 is nothing to write home about.

The 5 star reviews are either fake or there are more scam prone people than we realise, some of the reviews look to be for another model, maybe they’ve merged the SKU’s?

Last edited:
or... they buy from evilBay and talking about another....?

There are no plans to police what members are doing outside this site. Unscrupulous business practices may lead to short term gain but over the longer term, I don't think it is a successful model.

I am an avid Amazon shopper. I've had Prime for many years and buy stuff like dog food, electronics and even an outdoor shed from them. However it's VERY difficult and VERY time consuming to read the reviews. I don't solely trust Amazon though, I go to other sites, like this one for instance. When I was shopping for a Dash Cam, this site often references back to the Mobius and so I went on Amazon and began my review reading process.

I always start with the worst ratings and scratch off any that don't have substance to them. For instance "This camera sux!" Not credible. I look for consistency and photos. You can actually also click on the user themselves and see what else they have reviewed and when they reviewed it. When I find something credible I look back at their history and the variety of reviews they have written. An everyday Joe like myself would more than likely have a very random list of reviewed items.

I feel it's worth my time to comb through them because I know some of them must be legit. I know I'm not the only one writing unbiased reviews, or that is my hope at least and I'd say in my many years of shopping on Amazon (and many dollars spent,) my review research has only failed me a small handful of times and when it did I was able to return the item.

got this email yesterday through our website, copied verbatim *edited the email at Sunny's request

hi

Id love to review for free if you d willing to send me one the following

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LXRR7L4

I promise a great writren and as well vlogged review for the product

I am a serious reviewer I have over 1222 reviews on AMAZON

AS WELL I HAVE A BLOG:

And I HAVE A YOU TUBE CHANNEL AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA.

I'd love to REVIEW YOUR PRODUCT(S)

If You are interested Please send me a code (I have amazon prime)

or if you d be willing to send me the Product

Id be happy to send you my mailing address.

Peace, Best Wishes

Last edited by a moderator:
@jokiin
I think you should at least hide the personal mailing address in public forum.

Out of curiosity I checked out her 'About Me' link. I think I'm pretty safe in saying that Dash Cam reviews are not her strong suit.

I didn't even check the links or any of her previous 'work'

she did also send a photo of herself doing the duck face pout, not sure why

The only reason I went beyond your post is her address is in Michigan so I was curious. (I'm now sorry to say we share a state of residence. :( )

This appears to be her most recent review, I don't think you missed an opportunity:

The time garden Book Review

I LOVE THIS BOOK!

Prob my fave book I ve gotten to review thus far.
I just recently got into as another hobby adult coloring pages and books.
And of course by Adult I mean as opposed to children coloring, an Adult colors
for relaxation, and therapeutic qualities.
Its a way to unwind and be creative all at the same time.
This Book is full of beautiful and detailed pretty drawings that one can color in their own way.
CANNOT SAY ENOUGH, I WAS AND STILL AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS WHOLE BOOK.
Just wonderful.

Back