Are Amazon Reviews Trustworthy?

@Big dashcam @cutedog
You joined today just to post dct is dirty place?
There are over 2 million posts discussing about dashcam technology and you think it's not good place.
Then why the fk you joined here?
Get the fk out!
This is a discussion forum and discuss anything that's related to dashcam or whatever.
If you want to contribute, welcome.
If you just come here to post stupid posts, take your time somewhere else.
What a bunch of morons!

Last edited:
I read about the changes. One way of skewing the results seemed very obvious to me and I'm sure there are more :(

I think it will be better than now but still far from accurate. If they fix the issue I found and adjust the 'weighting' of certain components like verified buyer vs unverified, the length of the review, the polling extremes ("0" and "5" stars), and how long the buyers have had the product then it could be made to work fairly well compared to similar systems.

Phil

I posted reviews of few items and nowadays it never gets posted quick like before.
One review took almost a week.
I emailed amazon and their reply was "We review reviews before posting them to make sure they reflect on true individual item's experience. We apologize for the delay".

I posted reviews of few items and nowadays it never gets posted quick like before.
One review took almost a week.
I emailed amazon and their reply was "We review reviews before posting them to make sure they reflect on true individual item's experience. We apologize for the delay".
Good for Amazon.

Truth:
qIIZS5E.png

It looks like the previous review I posted about was removed. I suspect that customer was paid off to keep up the 5 star image.

Here's a fresh (2 star?) review. Summer is in high gear as you know so this won't be the last of the KDLINKS exploding battery heat death reports I'm sure.

pAXh9Od.png

RCQu2OQ.png

Hello Pier28 and All other Dash Camera Lovers:

I am the seller from KDLINKS and thank you for your post of this question.

We offer first class best customer support for our product, and we work every day until 2-3AM EST to try to resolve all customer issues. We never do paid reviews, and all reviews are posted by our happy customers.

I attached our Amazon email system average response time, please take a look. Our average response time is just 2.9 hours and that includes day and night, weekend and Christmas holidays. (it was 1.9 hours 2 weeks ago).

Customer usually doesn't want to leave review even they are happy about the product. They only leave review when they are extremely happy with the product or they have received unexpected very good customer service. i.e. if you send us an email for question, 60% chance it would be replied in couple minutes even over weekend. We always do all our best and quickly resolve all customer issues.

It is very hard to keep a good reputation of a product, but we are doing all our best. There is no way to build 100% perfect electronic devices, but we always believe if we always put customer first and treat them as our friends, the happy customers would finally turn back to our revenue and more sales number.

For people questioning that, if those sellers could do the same hard work and doing the same level customer support, they would get more happy customers with more good reviews. It's fair and simple, no secret.

Take another sample: recently our 0508 firmware had a glitch which may cause 32GB card freeze when card is full. We quickly released 0629 firmware, and sent out 3200 emails to all affected customers, and replied all their questions on how to install firmware, etc. Some customers don't have such knowledge to handle firmware update, we just sent them updated X1 and replace their old one on our cost. That's how we care our customers.

When customers reported issues to us, we always do all our best to resolve their issue. Some nice customsers may just remove their reviews after issue is fully resolved, some don't. But we just always do all our best for customers. A happy customer is more than anything to us.

Sincerely,
Eric

P.S. This is my first and only post here. Thank you very much for reading our story. We will keep working hard on our model and always provide better newer models to customers. Thank you!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 12
I attached our Amazon email system average response time, please take a look. Our average response time is just 2.9 hours and that includes day and night, weekend and Christmas holidays. (it was 1.9 hours 2 weeks ago).!

Hello, yes I agree customer service is the key to success along with a quality product.

Pier28 Amazon contact response time always averages less than 1 hour 24/7/365.
(I live on my iPhone and love the Seller Central iOS app)

uokntXo.png

We never do paid reviews, and all reviews are posted by our happy customers.
P.S. This is my first and only post here. Thank you very much for reading our story. We will keep working hard on our model and always provide better newer models to customers. Thank you!!
Not paid but what about free sample reviews?

You mentioned it's your only post here. Does that mean you won't post anymore?
At least browse the threads here once in a while and get informed on what's going on as this forum has a lot of info from tests, reviews, bugs, issues and what's on market etc... that maybe helpful on improving your product even more.

I think it's safe to say you guys are both obsessed with good customer service with those figures - it takes longer than that to get through to some UK companies on the phone!

Seriously I swear @Pier28 doesn't sleep sometimes and just lives on Red Bull or similar!

True, and what about @jokiin who seems to be always awake :rolleyes:
Not true, I've seen times when they've both gone 3 or 4 hours without posting anything - just a couple of 'slackers' if you ask me. ;)

Not true, I've seen times when they've both gone 3 or 4 hours without posting anything - just a couple of 'slackers' if you ask me. ;)

I've been known to sleep on Tuesdays between 2am and 4 am, apologies for my tardiness

Back