are blackvue users declining?

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
haven't been to this forum for a while and I just stopped in to see what's new, nothing. all I notice is substantially less posts than when I was last here many months ago.
has blackvue died in the butt and people going elsewhere or what?

It seems like it a bit. I am not a Blackvue owner, but back when I first started looking at better cameras the first thing I heard most people say was Blackvue. You want a good camera get a Blackvue device. Now that different great cameras have become available Blackvue seems to be falling behind.

All I seem to hear is that cables come loose on dual cam models.There were overheating and pixelation issues. On top of that Blackvue seems more interested in pushing a new model and leaving frustrated owners to turn to other programmers to fix the issues their camera has.

Unlike someone like jokiin who has been putting countless work in since i'm sure well before October when details were posted on the GT2S and refuses to release a product until it is truly ready.

Even if you want to get a product out companies like Vicovation released the Marcus 3 with a few issues only around a week or so ago to the USA. They are working on a few of the issues and looking to get a new Firmware out within a few weeks. The same thing happened with the WF1. When the WF1 first came out it was really rough. Vicovation listened to camera owners. Now under 1.53 the WF1 is an Amazing camera. and with the TF2 the most new firmware makes night time recording worse. Vico gave out the older better firmware file and said here go downgrade and post this wherever you need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
wf1 looks ok, like the 1920 x 1080 @ 30 FPS (Default) but the 160 degree lens seems a bit wide.

A lot have moved on, but everything coming out has screens. I like discrete so I will stay with these.

A lot have moved on, but everything coming out has screens. I like discrete so I will stay with these.
Looked at a Vicovation WF1 or Lukas model?

haven't been to this forum for a while and I just stopped in to see what's new, nothing. all I notice is substantially less posts than when I was last here many months ago.
has blackvue died in the butt and people going elsewhere or what?

Hi there,

We noticed you're in Australia. We'd like to inform you BlackVue is still going strong here in OZ, while some other countries may have a less than great record for warranty. We have hundreds of happy customer's using our brand here with little to no issues. Any issues that arise are quickly sorted for the customer with replacement units being given from our dealers.

Thank you,

regardless of the make or model of camera the after sales service and support is something that needs more consideration when deciding what to purchase, too many people shop purely on price and end up disappointed later on down the track

Hi there,

We noticed you're in Australia. We'd like to inform you BlackVue is still going strong here in OZ,
yep, I also notice in your sig you have DR380G then goes to DR500GW, what happened to DR400G? is it a reject you no longer want to support or??

Last edited:
yep, I also notice in your sig you have DR380G then goes to DR500GW, what happened to DR500G? is it a reject you no longer want to support or??

Hi there,

There is no model called the 'DR500G' as the first DR500 series camera was called the DR500GW, G denoting GPS and W denoting WiFi. The DR380G uses GPS but not WiFi hence the slight difference in name,

Thank you.

yeah I screwed up, meant wheres DR400G-hd in your sig?

yeah I screwed up, meant wheres DR400G-hd in your sig?

Hi,

The models listed under the Dash Cam heading in the profile area are for models currently sold by us here in AUS, we're not listing all BlackVue models made hence why the DR400G and some other DR300/DR500 models are not listed. DR400G is not longer manufactured hence no longer available to buy.

Thank you.

my unit is running fine, its doing its job, i have nothing bad to post here.
It always seems to be reading only of dissatisfied customers in web forums, never by the satisfied customers.

I've moved on... Bought DR400G, GII and a DR500GW and the experience and quality for the price I paid was/is not worth it.

Bought a marcus3 and so far much happier and lower price.

Hello again!

Checking in after several weeks with my DR500GW-HD. Obtained a Sony Class 10 32GB card, formatted it and it is working great. I'm getting a lot of time on this card, estimated at 12 hrs plus before it starts to loop. Have been downloading many videos to my Macbook pro and I must say the camera system is working great. I have two mounts (one for my work vehicle, one for my personal vehicle, both with dedicated power cord) and I switch the camera between them, no problems. The wifi makes it easy to 'check' the positioning of the camera (iPhone 5), but after some usage it's pretty easy to get the proper angle without needing to check. About to get a 64GB Sony card and see how that goes. LOVE THIS THING! :D

I'm getting a lot of time on this card, estimated at 12 hrs plus before it starts to loop.
That would be the low bitrate saying hello. (Needs to be at around 6MB to get around 12 hours on a 32GB SD card)

Hi there,

We noticed you're in Australia. We'd like to inform you BlackVue is still going strong here in OZ, while some other countries may have a less than great record for warranty. We have hundreds of happy customer's using our brand here with little to no issues. Any issues that arise are quickly sorted for the customer with replacement units being given from our dealers.

Thank you,

Maybe you do provide good after sales service. BUT when I rang to get a 400 fixed that I bought off Ebay I was quoted $85 plus postage just to look at it. Plus more for any further servicing

All I wanted was a LIPO battery that plugged in or advice as to the capacity of said battery. Would have been happy to buy a battery as knew that was what was wrong with it.

I realise you service your own sales but a bit of easy advice wouldn't go astray and may encourage people to buy off you.

I bought two batteries for $7 and fixed it myself.

Maybe you do provide good after sales service. BUT when I rang to get a 400 fixed that I bought off Ebay I was quoted $85 plus postage just to look at it. Plus more for any further servicing

All I wanted was a LIPO battery that plugged in or advice as to the capacity of said battery. Would have been happy to buy a battery as knew that was what was wrong with it.

I realise you service your own sales but a bit of easy advice wouldn't go astray and may encourage people to buy off you.

I bought two batteries for $7 and fixed it myself.

Hi,

This may have been a price quoted for someone who has not purchased a product through the authorised importer. I am not sure exactly how the quote was put together but we usually offer a return shipping repair service for customers that have purchased from our dealers for $49.00 if the device is outside of warranty. Whether the issue is a battery failure or a complete system failure the price does not change.

Therefore, if you have not purchased your product from an Australian retailer then you were potentially quoted slightly more to cover our costs of performing the service which is something we do not charge our customers for.

We don't carry spare internal components on hand for all models and Pittasoft do not export their units components to internationally suppliers.

I understand you're not happy about not been given full service support for a unit not purchased from us, however please understand our position in trying to offer benefits to consumers that shop from local dealers.

Thank you.

That would be the low bitrate saying hello. (Needs to be at around 6MB to get around 12 hours on a 32GB SD card)

Hi,

The bitrate on the DR500GW can be adjusted to up to 10mb/s on the system using the viewing software to improve picture quality if the user is happy to substitute for less recording time. You will get approximately ~7.5hrs with a 32GB card on the maximum quality setting.

Thank you.

Hi,

This may have been a price quoted for someone who has not purchased a product through the authorised importer. I am not sure exactly how the quote was put together but we usually offer a return shipping repair service for customers that have purchased from our dealers for $49.00 if the device is outside of warranty. Whether the issue is a battery failure or a complete system failure the price does not change.

Therefore, if you have not purchased your product from an Australian retailer then you were potentially quoted slightly more to cover our costs of performing the service which is something we do not charge our customers for.

We don't carry spare internal components on hand for all models and Pittasoft do not export their units components to internationally suppliers.

I understand you're not happy about not been given full service support for a unit not purchased from us, however please understand our position in trying to offer benefits to consumers that shop from local dealers.

Thank you.

Yes I understand that and I wasn't asking for " full service", just some information. However I don't think it would have hurt for me to have been told what capacity the battery was,but was told they wouldn't be able to even tell me that.

Never mind Google supplied the answer for free.

Back