Are there any car cams that can record vision to the left & right from my car.

Frosty

Reaction score
Country
Australia
G'day,
Do you know of any brand or a set up that I could put together of on board cameras that'd be capable of recording views from the left and right side of my car as well as front and rear.
If a loony pedestrian nut job approaches and attacks me from my drivers side or through the passengers side, then in all probability a front and rear facing camera might not record anything from an incident of that nature.
Same as T-bone prangs. We've all seen heaps of collisions recorded by front and rear recording cameras and time and again we see stuff all of the offending vehicle.Sometimes it'll piss off without being recorded at all.
There's countless car parking shunts that that front & rear cams only uselessly show the jolt of the hit recorded from inside the victim's vehicle and maybe the noise of the ratbag's vehicle leaving the scene without being identified.
A lot of the time after a car videos itself being hit in a major crash, all we see is it bouncing around or even rolling over until it stops in a mangled mess.
The other vehicle is nowhere to be seen.
I reckon it's hugely important to have all angles of evidence covered in the lead up to an incident.
I'm amazed that an all angle on board recording set up doesn't seem to be available (at least for us ordinary punters).
Eeeeeerz cheeeerz to your ears and thanks for any help.
Frosty

some people run cameras at the top of each A pillar pointing toward the opposite side to catch what they can, the sides are a lot more difficult to cover than front or rear is

G'day,
Do you know of any brand or a set up that I could put together of on board cameras that'd be capable of recording views from the left and right side of my car as well as front and rear.
If a loony pedestrian nut job approaches and attacks me from my drivers side or through the passengers side, then in all probability a front and rear facing camera might not record anything from an incident of that nature.
Same as T-bone prangs. We've all seen heaps of collisions recorded by front and rear recording cameras and time and again we see stuff all of the offending vehicle.Sometimes it'll piss off without being recorded at all.
There's countless car parking shunts that that front & rear cams only uselessly show the jolt of the hit recorded from inside the victim's vehicle and maybe the noise of the ratbag's vehicle leaving the scene without being identified.
A lot of the time after a car videos itself being hit in a major crash, all we see is it bouncing around or even rolling over until it stops in a mangled mess.
The other vehicle is nowhere to be seen.
I reckon it's hugely important to have all angles of evidence covered in the lead up to an incident.
I'm amazed that an all angle on board recording set up doesn't seem to be available (at least for us ordinary punters).
Eeeeeerz cheeeerz to your ears and thanks for any help.
Frosty

Yes, there are few solutions depending on your budget and needs.

If you looking for discrete 4ch solution with parking mode motion detection pre-buffer recording, then you may chekc out my 4ch set-up sample HERE
Recently introduced Rex-I, ( overpriced in my opinion )
There is also an interesting solution from 4ch VACRON MD657, it is D1 resolution per channel, not the best video recording quality, but still could be fine for many users depending on their needs.

Back