[AU] Beginner driver pulls out on speeding Commodore

Is that how fast you are suppose to go on those circle roads? It seemed like it was faster than the previous cars. Still not an excuse for the learner vehicle, but its a learner's vehicle, you're going to expect things like that. I had so many close calls before my 20th birthday. Surprised I'm still alive.

Is that how fast you are suppose to go on those circle roads? It seemed like it was faster than the previous cars. Still not an excuse for the learner vehicle, but its a learner's vehicle, you're going to expect things like that. I had so many close calls before my 20th birthday. Surprised I'm still alive.
We have a few roundabouts like that where the speed limit is 60mph, or possibly 70mph.

However you should always be prepared to give way if someone makes a mistake and clearly the commodore was going too fast to do so. Although given his speed, he may not even have been on the roundabout when the small car decided to set off.

What went wrong is that the small car was in the left lane so was expected to go left, the commodore driver probably planned to overtake as they left the roundabout and accelerated, then realised he had misjudged the situation a bit too late.

If you are going to drive faster than normal then you need to allow for other people misjudging your speed.

surprised the commodore didn't rage on that little car. after something like that, even i might have got out and yelled at the driver.

Did the P plater even see the Commodore as he went in? probably not, so how then should it be the P plater's fault?
The commondore shouldn't be going that fast, plain and simple.

In USA, we do not have any stickers or plates for new or young drivers. This is probably a good idea as all the other cars would mess with them.

there was a thing in the news years ago where they were teling rental car companies to stop putting their logos prominently on rent cars because it was identifying the drivers as tourists, and crooks were targeting them. i don't know if it had to be made law but the change happened quickly.

there was a thing in the news years ago where they were teling rental car companies to stop putting their logos prominently on rent cars because it was identifying the drivers as tourists, and crooks were targeting them. i don't know if it had to be made law but the change happened quickly.
The equivalent to having a sign saying "I don't carry a handgun"?

I would have thought it would make it easy for the police to catch the criminals, just go undercover with the appropriate signs on your car and... as easy as fishing with the right lure.

Back