Auto Parking Mode

Rock

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am new to dash cams so please bear with me. I am looking to buy a dash cam that has excellent video (day and night) and AUTO parking mode. I was looking at the LS430W, LS330W, G1W, and several others, but I don't think any of them have the Auto parking mode. I am willing to spend around 350 or less.

List of specs I would like to have
1) Excellent video (day and night)
2) AUTO parking mode, I can wire constant power/ACC and already purchased a voltage protection device.
3) Something that can be mounted behind the rear view mirror (it can be a little larger if need be).
4) Reliable in the Texas heat (100+ degrees)
5) Good build quality would be nice

Thanks in advance for the advice! I am looking to buy something in the next few days if I can find what I am looking for.

Thanks for the response. I looked at the night video of the panoramaII and was not impressed. The DOD LS330W video is so much clearer. Any other suggestions that give me video like the DOD LS330W but have Auto Park mode?

Cheers

hi sorry dont mean to thread jack

looking to buy my first dash cam
I was set on buying the GW1-C or GT680 but I need something with parking mode.
I will be hardwiring the cam with voltage protection...I wanted to ask how sensitive g-sensors are? Can I trust that g-sensors featured in most DVRs will capture any hits to my car in the parking lot? Would a light love tap enable it or does it require a large impact to trigger the recording?

I also see the A7 chip is out but no official reviews on this site....any of them have parking mode...how's their low light performance?

Thanks

If you want to buy right now based on what a camera can do already rather than what might come in some future update then buy the Panorama

i was just asking how well the motion-sensing/g-shock generally works when the car is parked.

anyways, now that A7/1080p60 cameras are available I rather spring for one. I read technoman's review and I dont mind that there's blockiness issues with current FW. I understand there's a lot of potential for better license plate reading in the future.

Are the 0803 and Marcus 3 the only 1080p60 cams available? Marcus is not discreet enough for my liking and 0803 doesn't have parking mode.

Last edited:
0803 you mean? If so it doesn't do 1080p60, also not suitable for parking mode, the Vico is a better product by far but that's reflected in the price obviously

yes, i know it does 1296/30 so I assumed it did 1080/60.

So there are no other 1080/60 on the market right now besides the Vico M3? Will your new camera feature that and when's the ETA?

0803 you mean? If so it doesn't do 1080p60, also not suitable for parking mode, the Vico is a better product by far but that's reflected in the price obviously

Hey. Just wanted to mention that I returned a Marcus 3 because it didn't had any parking mode (motion detection), like I had on my iTronics.

No idea if anyone's interested, but I went with a DOD LS430W for my new setup :). Has GPS, has parking mode.

We will do a 1080p60 model, probably toward the end of the year, I think performance wise the A7LA70 with OV4689 is doing better than the AR0330 versions

Sounds very interesting, Would like to see more detailed spec.

Back