.avi files

ultimatelightweight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi forum,
Newbie here looking for sone help out if a rabbit hole I’m in!!
I’ve bought myself the Orskey S900, based on Amazon reviews it has to be said.
I’m struggling with getting files out of it. They’re all recorded as .avi files and as an iOS user, my phone won’t show the files using the SD connector, in the native photos app. I have downloaded a couple of .avi viewers and the performance is really poor. The apps are horrendous to use.
I’m on the verge of sending the cam back, but before I do…can anyone offer any advice?!
Thanks

Avi is so out of date, not quite last century, but not far off, only slightly better than VHS! And only 32GB memory card size is also way out of date.

I think the best advice is to send it back if you can, and get something modern.

A Viofo A119 V3 is not too much more and vastly superior..... actually it is more than I expected, but not too bad from the manufacturer:

based on Amazon reviews it has to be said.
For dashcams, you can't trust anything written in Amazon reviews!
Need to look at things like:

Last edited:
not quite last century,
Correction:
Audio Video Interleave known by its initials and filename extension AVI, is a proprietary multimedia container format and Windows standard introduced by Microsoft in November 1992.

Avi is so out of date, not quite last century, but not far off, only slightly better than VHS! And only 32GB memory card size is also way out of date.

I think the best advice is to send it back if you can, and get something modern.

A Viofo A119 V3 is not too much more and vastly superior..... actually it is more than I expected, but not too bad from the manufacturer:

Thanks for this, that’s great. I don’t quite recall why I bought the one I did tbh. Probably went to Amazon to buy the one I wanted and got swallowed by the reviews!
Thanks again.

Probably went to Amazon to buy the one I wanted and got swallowed by the reviews!
You are not alone. There are of course some good reviews on Amazon, but for cheep dashcams there are more fake or illegally paid for reviews than real ones.

Let us know how you get on...

This. When I saw AVI I almost spat out my drink.

It's not the buyers fault, but still disappointing to see that even with all the racket made by outlets regarding fake reviews on Amazon, unfortunately customers are still being duped into dud purchases :(

It appears to me to be a $15 dashcam, being sold for $70. It is not just the reviews that are misleading to uninformed buyers.

When the dash cam prompts 'SD card FULL', it will turn off automatically to remind you to format sd card and reset it.

Back