Azdome mirror dash cam not switching off

Nic60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’ve just installed my 10” Azdome mirror dash cam using a hardwire kit.
It seems to be staying on, with the screen working all the time, regardless of if the ignition switch.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Are you saying the camera should be turning off or that the screen should be turning off (but camera stays on)?

When the ignition is turned off, the camera should only record if triggered by a knock or similar but the screen should go off after a few seconds. Mine stays on all the time.

Yes there is. It’s set at default ‘Off’ so the rear camera view is showing all the time while driving.
I tried switching the screensaver on, which switched the camera view off when driving also.

That's the way it works. With screensaver off, the screen will stay on all the time. With screensaver on, it will only stay on for the duration you chose in the settings.

That's the way it works. With screensaver off, the screen will stay on all the time. With screensaver on, it will only stay on for the duration you chose in the settings.
Thanks but surely it shouldn’t stay on when the car is parked, ignition off and locked?

You have the camera in parking mode correct? If so, it's not really off, just in standby.

Back