b1w after 45 mins constantly says sd card low speed?

I'm getting this from a 3 day old 128gb EVO

? Do you mean that it cannot with your 128G card?
I mean it works with the 128 EVO but after 3 days it started producing exactly the behavior the OP describes, where after 45 minutes it starts saying SD card low speed constantly until I power it off. Reformatting it in the app or with guiformat doesn't help.

I'm running a full H2testw on it now but the card is read by computers fine, I think it's my cam or the firmware :(.

I have a 64gb EVO coming tomorrow which I'm guessing will fix it, I didn't see the post recommending and EVO plus which is basically the same price until after I ordered the EVO

where after 45 minutes it starts saying SD card low speed constantly until I power it off.
Please test the card with the tool H2testw when it voice prompts "sd card low speed", do not format by computer or the APP before testing with the tool, so I can know the exact writing speed when it detects card errors!

Please test the card with the tool H2testw when it voice prompts "sd card low speed", do not format by computer or the APP before testing with the tool, so I can know the exact writing speed when it detects card errors!
H2testw won't allow me to test it without formatting it first. It actually said it would only test a small part and I reformatted before the test that's currently running but it says 28.4 mb/s right now during the test. I'll post the results in here as soon as it finishes. I'm sure if I put this card in my Vantrue N2 pro it would run fine for months. I think your firmware or the circuitry is too sensitive, it should be able to write 1080p video with a lot less than 28.4 mb/s capacity.

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 28.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 26.6 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

This is the card that gives sd card low speed errors over and over after being on for 45 minutes or so and then it will stop when I power it off and do the same thing after 45 minutes or so.

H2testw v1.4

This is the card that gives sd card low speed errors over and over after being on for 45 minutes or so and then it will stop when I power it off and do the same thing after 45 minutes or so.
It should be a quality card from the test report! But it is hard to say dashcam faulty since it detects card errors!
A memory card may also suffer data corruption (invisible files)or failure due to static electricity and/or external voltage when being handled.

H2testw v1.4

Those speeds are the average, it is the slowest speed that causes the most trouble.
If you let the card fill up again, then when it reports an error test it again without formatting, and watch for the lowest speed given by H2testw, which is likely to be at the start since that is the bit that reported the low card speed...

I have had a used memory card that suddenly dident work in its camera, but when i moved the card to another camera it worked for many more months, but i do think it is dead and gone by now.
Strange little suckers those memory cards, i also had 2 die on me before i got to fill them up one time, and worst of all at the time it was the finest / fastest and most expensive memory cards i had ever gotten.
Replacement cards of course worked fine.

Actually i have the very same gong on right now with the memory card in my Left side mobius camera, but i am soon replacing it and the right hand side cameras so i just let it slide.
And then i pray that i don't get same treatment when i last let a "flaky" camera slide for too long, cuz that meant my mobius camera back then my rear camera did not record me getting rear ended as it was on a too long and too cheap USB wire.

So I have a Street Guardian (front) and a B1W (back) with identical Samsung EVO 128gb. The 128GB in SG is around a year old with ZERO problems. THe 128GB in the B1W has been having the "low speed SD card" problem since day one. I reformatted both cards and switched them.

Now the newer 128GB in the SG has ZERO problems and the older 128GB card is giving "low speed SD card".

I can theoretically conclude that this is a device problem with the B1W and not the SD card. An updated firmware update is warranted don't you think?

THe 128GB in the B1W has been having the "low speed SD card" problem since day one.
Please help me to check the card speed when it voice prompts "sd card low speed", do not format by computer or the APP before testing with the tool, so I can know the exact writing speed when it detects card errors! Thank you!

I've been using the Unirex brand card for a while and have had great success. However, yesterday the sun was particularly hot and was baking my B1W for a while. The cam showed a solid green light so I took out the SD card and it was very hot. I then ran a speed test and it was slower. I let the SD card cool down and it's working fine again. I have since put some black tapes around the SD card area on the window to block out some sun and it's been working fine since.

Do heat slow down SD cards? Or am I just imagining things here?

I've been using the Unirex brand card for a while and have had great success. However, yesterday the sun was particularly hot and was baking my B1W for a while. The cam showed a solid green light so I took out the SD card and it was very hot. I then ran a speed test and it was slower. I let the SD card cool down and it's working fine again. I have since put some black tapes around the SD card area on the window to block out some sun and it's been working fine since.

Do heat slow down SD cards? Or am I just imagining things here?
Suggest that you use Sandisk Ultra A1 card or Samsung EVO card!

as per the title , after driving for around 45-50 mins the cam speaks out " sd card low speed" over and over , turn the ign off/on allows it to work as normal until another 45 mins or so

I have a problem with the B1W camera and they are telling me that the error that the camera gives me is "" SD Card low speed "and that I read this topic that you started. I am sure that the phrase that my camera says is not" SD Card low speed "and I ask you to please listen to it and tell me if it is the same as you were listening.

Thank you

Error recording (MP3)

Please note It indicates a card error, a low-speed sd card!

I'm getting the same problem now. New and tested good Samsung EVO Select 128GB and I have tried a slightly older identical card with the same results. It does seem to happen in mostly the highest heats, but it has happened twice in the cooler mornings withinh minutes of the cam being started. I had zero problems when using a 64GB EVO Select and old Transcend 400X cards of the same size. All these cards perform flawlessly in my other cams, some which have higher bitrates.

I'm going to try going back to the 64GB EVO Select cards and see what happens. I'll report back here in a day or two.

Phil

Please note It indicates a card error, a low-speed sd card!

That could be ...... but I would like to know the opinion of steveo3002 to know if it is exactly the same phrase.
--------------------------------------
Eso si podría ser...... pero me gustaría conocer la opinión de steveo3002 para saber si es exactamente la misma locución

I'm getting the same problem now. New and tested good Samsung EVO Select 128GB and I have tried a slightly older identical card with the same results. It does seem to happen in mostly the highest heats, but it has happened twice in the cooler mornings withinh minutes of the cam being started. I had zero problems when using a 64GB EVO Select and old Transcend 400X cards of the same size. All these cards perform flawlessly in my other cams, some which have higher bitrates.

I'm going to try going back to the 64GB EVO Select cards and see what happens. I'll report back here in a day or two.

Phil

I'm looking forward to knowing the results
-------------------
Estoy deseando conocer los resultados....

I'm getting this same issue on two different B1W's (in two different vehicles). It's random (not only after 45 minutes). Power cycling makes it work again (most the time a single power cycle works, but sometimes you have to do multiples). I'm using Samsung EVO Plus 128Gb cards in both cams. Lost a video I needed from this issue this weekend (found cam wasn't recording when I went to go find video), but its been happening for a while. I just try to always listen for it to fail and reboot. But can't always catch it.

Using H2testw v1.4 on a full (essentially, did NOT delete any files or format it before starting the test, and I've been using the card a year). The B1W is using beta firmware from July 2nd 2018 (if that matters), that I received from here.
Results:
Warning: Only 48038 of 122073 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 69.3 MByte/s
Reading speed: 83.8 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Thoughts/suggestions?

I'm getting this same issue on two different B1W's (in two different vehicles). It's random (not only after 45 minutes). Power cycling makes it work again (most the time a single power cycle works, but sometimes you have to do multiples). I'm using Samsung EVO Plus 128Gb cards in both cams. Lost a video I needed from this issue this weekend (found cam wasn't recording when I went to go find video), but its been happening for a while. I just try to always listen for it to fail and reboot. But can't always catch it.

Using H2testw v1.4 on a full (essentially, did NOT delete any files or format it before starting the test, and I've been using the card a year). The B1W is using beta firmware from July 2nd 2018 (if that matters), that I received from here.
Results:
Warning: Only 48038 of 122073 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 69.3 MByte/s
Reading speed: 83.8 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Thoughts/suggestions?

The same happens to me and according to store009 and SawMaster, the problem is with the SD (SanDisk extreme pro 64GB) .... But the most curious thing is that the same SD works without problems recording continuous video from the camera at 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) 30p ... It's funny, right?
-------------------
A mi me pasa lo mismo y según indica store009 y SawMaster el problema es de la SD (SanDisk extreme PRO 64 GB) .. .. Pero lo más curioso es que la misma SD funciona sin problemas grabando video continuo desde la cámara de fotos a 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) 30p... Resulta curioso, ¿verdad?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 5
H B1W 8
M B1W 7
Back