B1W on/off switch

manky79

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
It is possible to turn off/on B1W by button?What is my problem: dash cam in parking mode use the same amount of current(130mA) as when is in recording mode(130mA).This is too much because if you dont start car for 3-4days,it will empty my car battery by 12Ah(this is about 25% of battery capacity).There is another circuit that consume power and is possibly to empty battery.Hardwire kit is not solution because cut off at 12v( when battery is on 12v,this is only cca 30% capacity of battery).
So,it is possible to turn off/on B1W manualy?Sometimes when park car outside of my home I need parking function.Sorry for my bad english:)

Last edited:
B1W cannot be completely turned off with the button, only by turning off the power.
You can completely disable B1W in cases of long-term parking only if you add an extra switch

B1W cannot be completely turned off with the button, only by turning off the power.
You can completely disable B1W in cases of long-term parking only if you add an extra switch
Ok,but why there is no stand by option?

Which firmware version are you running?

The beta parking mode firmware does not use much power, especially when you use the Wi-Fi off version of it.

V1.06.180614s
This version use same power in record mode or parking mode!Wifi off!

This is a feature of this dashcam, it is too small to install an additional button to turn off, as it is done in most dashcams. :)
You may consider using a cigarette lighter socket with a switch if you plug it in via a cigarette lighter socket. Examples of such devices are here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...nd-of-usb-car-charger-help.36756/#post-438497
If you use a hardwire kit with automatic power off (cut off) when the voltage drops, you have nothing to worry about, or you can equip it with an additional button
PS: If the manufacturer could provide for sleep mode in the parking mode, it will take a long time to activate the recording in case of an event (up to 10 seconds)

Ok,I understand that for sleep mode in the parking mode,it will take long time to activate,but it would be nice , if you could switch to sleep mode with existing button when you no need for parking mode.(for example, when you do not drive a car for a long time).
Hardwire kit is not solution,will empty battery to 30-40%,try and you will see :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L B1W 10
R B1W 5
Back