Bad form BMW

Number400

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Panorama S/CF-100/BulletHD Biker Mate
This is a fairly normal activity seen on my commute. I was just thinking about how "accidents" happen and that there really are not many real accidents, but rather collisions caused by aggressive drivers.

You have a dark and rain-slicked road, a truck lane and 55mph speed limit. I am doing between 55 and 60mph in the center lane. Left lane traffic is doing 65 or so and everyone is behaving until this tool, who apparently needs to get to work sooner than everyone else comes by...so it's a speeding pass on the right, a realization that he has nowhere to go, a brake and jerk into my safe following distance, tailgating into a brake check down to 40mph, then aggressive posturing on the line until he can jump behind the left lane car and tailgate down the road.

Is it the BMW that causes the bad driving,
or the bad drivers that choose BMWs,
or BMW that selects the bad drivers via their marketing?

Someday he will find that his BMW is not the ultimate driving machine!

They were all rep mobiles but these days you get bad drivers in everything - the more prestige marques can be a bit special at times though.

When I had the work A3 you'd never get anyone letting you out of junctions, now I'm just in a VW they let you out. It's quite amusing seeing the different reactions to different badges.

I've got to admit though I do think it's funny when someone tries to undertake and then gets boxed in as they're only reading the immediate car in front and nothing beyond that.

It doesn't look that bad.. Why are you not in the right lane?

Beemer boyz as i call all who drive that brand :D

It doesn't look that bad.. Why are you not in the right lane?
right lane is for trucks (lorries) and exiting traffic. plus he was going a lot faster than the 18-wheeler but not as fast as other traffic in the left lane, so he was in the correct lane. the bimmer driver was just being unsafe in lousy driving conditions. in the dry it probably wouldn't have been such a big deal, but in that nasty gray rain/spray, it's just stupid. don't forget that the wide angle lens makes things look farther away than they actually are.

They say: gun doesnt shoot by itself, - the person shoots the gun. I guess same can be said to cars. However me having changed 4x BMW in the past, I must say it has some sort of a "magic" ( curse ? ). As soon as you sit into BMW, - in many cases you just can not resist to push the pedal harder ( unfortunately ). Although in 99% of cases I am law obeying driver, but still - there is something "magical" to BMW. So, to avoid "bmw temptations", I have changed to "people's car", - a translation from Germany for VW / Volkswagen ;)

When they make BMWs, a special resin is used in the manufacturing process (it's in most of the softer components - steering wheel, seat trims, headlining, carpets etc).
This resin emits an almost odourless chemical which has been found to radically change the brain chemistry in rats. Studies have also found that people with low IQs are most susceptible to this odour.

right lane is for trucks (lorries) and exiting traffic. plus he was going a lot faster than the 18-wheeler but not as fast as other traffic in the left lane, so he was in the correct lane. the bimmer driver was just being unsafe in lousy driving conditions. in the dry it probably wouldn't have been such a big deal, but in that nasty gray rain/spray, it's just stupid. don't forget that the wide angle lens makes things look farther away than they actually are.

This is different now in the Uk. You are now deemed to be committing an offence if you "hog" the middle lane. It's difficult, especially when you're in the "slow" lane and come across very slow moving trucks like the one in the video. You end up weaving in and out of the slow/middle lanes, which to me seems more dangerous than just sitting in the middle lane

This is different now in the Uk. You are now deemed to be committing an offence if you "hog" the middle lane. It's difficult, especially when you're in the "slow" lane and come across very slow moving trucks like the one in the video. You end up weaving in and out of the slow/middle lanes, which to me seems more dangerous than just sitting in the middle lane
nobody ever said traffic laws have to make sense... they just have to make dollars/pounds for the local authorities.

Back