Battery not holding charge

bodcam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all . I have recently purchased a reconditioned 322 . Ive noticed that if i fully charge the battery indoors and leave the unit switched off for a few hours when i do eventually turn it on the battery has gone flat again ( maybe 4-5 hrs later ) . Please correct me if i’m wrong surely that means under normal usage in the car the internal battery will be discharged at the start of each day. I understand that the unit is not reliant upon its battery to function but it does need it to close down properly to avoid corrupt files . Is it normal for the battery to lose its charge even if the unit is switched off ?

Hello,

It should hold the charge for more than one day so I'd recommend a battery test:

1. Unplug the Rear Dash Cam (if applicable) and remove the Dash Cam from it's windscreen mount.
2. Take the Dash Cam indoors and remove the SD card.
3. Using the USB cable provided in the box, plug it into a mains power supply (2 Amp recommended), make sure to plug the cable into the body of the camera, not through the car mount.
4. Go into the Dash Cam menu and make sure that Parking Mode is turned off (if applicable), if Parking Mode is enabled, this will affect the test.
5. Leave the camera on charge for 4 hours (or more) with the camera turned on. When fully charged, the blue charging LED should turn off.
6. Unplug the power cable, the camera should shut down.
7. Turn the Dash Cam on (using only battery power) and time how long it takes for the battery to run out and the camera to shut down.

Please note:
After performing this test, your Dash Cam will need to charged again, before reinstalling in your car.

Please let me know how long the battery duration lasts during the above test.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thankyou Millie I was hoping you would see my question. I will follow your instructions and post back the results.

i also recharged the camera , left it switched off for a few hours then did the battery test and it lasted 40 seconds - i think i’ve definitely got a faulty unit .

Thanks for reporting back the battery duration- when and where was the dashcam purchased please?

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Millie . I bought it from your official next base eBay store refurbished

Please can you give us a call on 02920 866 429 (UK) and we can assist you further. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Millie

Back