Nextbase 322GW Battery Life

Webdy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Just bought a new 322GW, upgraded from a 222. Have had it plugged in to charge via the cable provided, when full, the battery has only lasted 7 minutes. Have checked the manual, and it says that it should last 10 to 15 minutes. I have checked the forums for an answer and have taken the SD card out, taken off parking mode and left it twice to recharge, once plugged into the mains and the other into my PC. Both times it has only lasted 7/8 minutes. It has not yet been used in my car where it will eventually use the hard wired kit that I have for my previous 222.

I know that it is not made to hold a long charge when not plugged in but is 7/8 minutes too short? Should I install it in my car to test it once it is fully charged?

Many thanks

Webdy

Hello Webdy,

Thanks for your post, it sounds like you may have found my charging instructions on a different post.

Can I confirm how long you've charged the dashcam for both times please? It should be for around 4 hours.
7-8 minutes is a little sort for the battery, if the camera is new then I'd recommend replacing it with the retailer that you've purchased the dashcams from.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie, the first time was 2 hours, I was following the instructions in the manual, the battery symbol showed it as full but then it depleted very quickly. The second time it was charged for just over 4 hours, I followed the instructions from Nextbase for when the battery was losing power quickly, and the same thing happened. I have installed it in my car to see what happens when driving.

Thanks

Webdy

Hi Webdy,

When and where was the camera purchased please?
Can I also confirm that you are using the new mount that came with the 322GW and not the original 222 mount please?

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Webdy,

When and where was the camera purchased please?
Can I also confirm that you are using the new mount that came with the 322GW and not the original 222 mount please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Millie

It was purchased new from Argos on the 10 February. I have swapped the old 222 mount over to the new 322 GPS mount. I am using a 32gb nextbase SD card that I bought with my 222.

Thanks

Webdy

Hi Millie

Just to test what is going on, I charged up my 222, installed the SD card and changed the mount to the original non GPS. I used it today, the 222 recorded my trip to the shops, video of when the car was stationary in the car park and of my son testing the cam when the car was stationary outside my house, no issues at all. I swapped over to the 322, the SD card and the GPS mount, no driving this time, but we went out to the car to see what it had recorded, there was only the video of us testing the cam immediately after we put it on the windscreen. We left it 30 minutes, went back out to car, and straight away the battery low icon came on and the cam switched off. Both times the dash cams had been charged up for over 4 hours and I was using the same hardwire kit.

Looks like the 322 is defective and will have to be returned for a replacement.

Thanks

Webdy

Hi Webdy,

It does sound like you have received a defective unit, I'd definitely recommend getting the 322GW exchanged at Argos. They'll be able to swap the dashcam and provide a replacement for you.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back