BBMyCar (Bi-750 + BE-750) vs (Powercell 8 + Cellink Neo Extended) Parking Mode capacity

DashCamUser123

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Using the Cellink NEO Plus app, I see the Powercell 8 and Cellink NEO Extended battery combo shows 36 hours runtime in (low bitrate) Parking Mode.

If I recall, the previous Bi-750 and Be-750 would show 80+ hours runtime (using ITsCell app).

Is the above normal, that the older Bi-750+Be-750 has alot much more Parking Mode runtime than the newer Powercell 8+Cellink NEO Extended?

The estimates in these apps aren't super accurate. The BE-750 offers 25% more capacity than the Cellink Neo extension, I believe, and so if you're comparing a BI-750 with either of the expansions, that simply means a total capacity jump of 12.5% if you use a larger expansion battery.

The estimates in these apps aren't super accurate. The BE-750 offers 25% more capacity than the Cellink Neo extension, I believe, and so if you're comparing a BI-750 with either of the expansions, that simply means a total capacity jump of 12.5% if you use a larger expansion battery.
Thanks for the info. I may need to play with the app. The rating of the Powercell 8 is 36 hours of Parking Mode. With the extended battery chained to it, I was expecting a higher number of Parking Mode hours. I attached the cable from the Powercell 8 to the In/Out Auto of the Cellink NEO Ext which the app is supposed to automatically detect the greater capacity and be shown on the app.

On a related note about the Powercell 8 and Cellink NEO Extended battery, does anyone know if I can stack the batteries on top of one another?

When I touch the battery exteriors, they always seem cool to the touch. I don't think stacking them will interfere with any heat dispersement of the batteries? The battery case or shell is never warm to the touch. Just trying to conserve space under the seat of the car. And in case I decide to chain another Cellink NEO Extended battery to the existing Powercell 8 and Cellink NEO Ext. If I stack them, I will need to put the velcro stickers on top of the main battery and the bottom of the Extended battery.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I may need to play with the app. The rating of the Powercell 8 is 36 hours of Parking Mode. With the extended battery chained to it, I was expecting a higher number of Parking Mode hours. I attached the cable from the Powercell 8 to the In/Out Auto of the Cellink NEO Ext which the app is supposed to automatically detect the greater capacity and be shown on the app.
The Cellink Neo Plus app does not automatically detect the larger/total capacity when one or more external battery pack(s) are connected to the PowerCell 8. You must go into the admin page of the app and update the "Ext. Battery capacity" field value from the default value of 0 mAh to the total capacity of the external battery pack(s). You should save that change and exit the app. I've found you might need to turn off the PowerCell 8 and then turn it back on to have the total battery capacity get accounted for in the app.

Dash cams will, in no reasonable way, stress these packs in a way that would reasonably cause temperature rise of the cells.

Last edited:
I will work with BBMyCar to resolve this (their support is great) but posting here in case others have encountered it.

With Powercell 8 AND Cellink NEO Ext battery attached, I get a 42% I then turn off the Cellink NEO Extended battery and get a higher reading of 80%. Not sure what to make of it. See attached images from the Cellink NEO PLus app on my iPhone.

When I go into the Settings menu in the app, I see both batteries accounted for (its shows the Powercell 8 and the Cellink NEO Extended. The total just doesn't show on the main screen of the app.

Attachments

• pc81x.jpg
    pc81x.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3
  • pc82x.jpg
    pc82x.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
Back