Best Dash Cam to Replace my GT300w?

It was unexpected, but ever since I swapped a better lens into a G1W-H chassis the other day I feel like I've almost got my beloved old, but now defunct GT300W back! The more I've tested it out the more I plan to keep it in service. Except for the lens, the G1W-H seems exactly like the GT300W and there is no reason to believe at this point that it won't be pretty reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a street guardian. Kinda hurts the bank account and I wish I could keep the display on at all times.

Also, it's quite sensitive to what mini USB cable you use. The guardian wasn't staying powered on properly at all times and since it runs off capacitor rather than battery, it would not work. I was wondering why, and it acted as if the USB connection was loose. Mind you, I had a mini USB cable already tucked, hidden, and glued away from my GT300w.

So I temporarily tried other mini USB lines just from my car charger, and they didn't work. Then I tried the one sent with the Street Guardian, and it worked perfectly.

Well dumb me, a day later it got ripped by my dog when he exited my car as the cable was just hanging loose.

I use a Monoprice 5 pin USB-A to mini-B 10 foot cable and an Anker dual USB 4.8 amp cigarette lighter charger and my SG works just fine. In fact, it seems to work well with whatever cable or quality 5V charger I use with it. Not sure why you are having such problems.

I use a Monoprice 5 pin USB-A to mini-B 10 foot cable and an Anker dual USB 4.8 amp cigarette lighter charger and my SG works just fine. In fact, it seems to work well with whatever cable or quality 5V charger I use with it. Not sure why you are having such problems.

if the charger or cable is not up to scratch it will cause issues, a lot of the cheaper stuff in the market isn't that great

I got a street guardian. Kinda hurts the bank account and I wish I could keep the display on at all times.

Also, it's quite sensitive to what mini USB cable you use. The guardian wasn't staying powered on properly at all times and since it runs off capacitor rather than battery, it would not work. I was wondering why, and it acted as if the USB connection was loose. Mind you, I had a mini USB cable already tucked, hidden, and glued away from my GT300w.

So I temporarily tried other mini USB lines just from my car charger, and they didn't work. Then I tried the one sent with the Street Guardian, and it worked perfectly.

Well dumb me, a day later it got ripped by my dog when he exited my car as the cable was just hanging loose.

(just replied to your support email)

Hi , sorry to hear the dog got a little bit too playful with the SG9665GC power cable.

We have replacement cables.
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/a...spare-miniusb-power-adapter-for-sg9665gc.html

You might want to just hard wire it via a CPUSB01
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/cpusb01-miniusb-bdp-hard-wire-kit.html

You can turn the screen saver to off for constant screen viewing. (2nd layer/press of the menu)
5B7STdFl.jpg

if the charger or cable is not up to scratch it will cause issues, a lot of the cheaper stuff in the market isn't that great

Yes, I agree. That's why I used the term "quality 5V charger" in my previous post and the Monoprice shielded cables have always worked well for me.

Back