Best Dash Cam to Replace my GT300w?

The A118C is pretty good for under $100. The only downside would probably be the night vision which is average at best. The street guardian is like the A118C but higher specs and of course nearly double the price.

The A118C is pretty good for under $100. The only downside would probably be the night vision which is average at best. The street guardian is like the A118C but higher specs and of course nearly double the price.
Yeah, the A118-C is pretty good. I'm using one as a rear cam for a couple of weeks now. The only problem I've had is a bit of a rattle in the audio. Turns out that was caused because it fit a little loose in the mount - a bit of tape to snug it up cured it.

I also have a SG9665GC and the video quality is better, both day and more noticeably at night.

I need good night quality. I literally just need a gt300w that works

Okay so where should I buy an A118? I see it listed as an improvement over the g1w which is basically a gt300w. If the night vision is better than the g1w.
/gt300w then that's still good.

Also I'm not really sure on a118 vs a118c.

To be clear, this camera is better than the gt300w? I mean in every way, or just in some ways?

Last edited:
Yea I saw that, kinda sad. I'd like to see a G1W/GT300w vs A118 before I make a decision. Maybe I'll just buy the gt300w again? Is there not like a gt300w v2.0 or something? It's been 2 years.

If I have to pay $200, I'll pay it. As I'm learning, buy once, cry once, ugh.

Damn it..guess I'll buy a street guardian then. Amazon?

I can't find the SG in stock. ****, I really can't afford a $200 dash cam.

Even worse, I can't afford not to have a dash cam. **** **** ****. I was perfectly happy with my GT300w, but i can't buy it again because I can't buy something I'm scared isn't working. It can't be unreliable. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh this sucks. I tried to buy the best dash cam I could in the first place, wtf.

a118's night quality is unacceptable.

SG9665GC is sold out at the moment but new stock is being prepared. It's well worth the wait.
I'll PM you a members only discount code if that helps too.

I can setup a SGZC12SG as an emergency loaner if needed.
(Open box discounted one available if you like it as well)

It's not a joke, just my own experience not only with dashcam, but with rest of electronics: " buy cheap - buy often ".
Unfortunately I still do this mistake in some other areas which I am not familiar with.

Gt300w wasn't exactly cheap when I bought it :/

Cheap was like G1W or DVR

Gt300w wasn't exactly cheap when I bought it :/

Cheap was like G1W or DVR
Back then gt300w had fair price to last "some period".
Technology ( especially mid- or low class) they fell down in price much quicker than high-end products. Unfortunately thats the rule of reality we live in.

Back