Best Dashcam $100-$150 range?

GT300W and LS300W are made by the same company as far as we know. They use the same components so there should not be a difference other than a logo. There has been confirmation of this from a seller of both models. Quality control is debatable, go for the DOD if it makes you sleep better and DOD will thank you for their cut.
IMHO I don't think you will have better image quality for the dollar than either of the models you've mentioned (GT300W/LS300W/GT450W). However GT450W has yet to be commented by end users here. Not saying they are the best; no such thing a a perfect dash cam, but for the price you pay they are all solid choices unless you get a dud!

Gurkha9 said:
GT300W and LS300W are made by the same company as far as we know. They use the same components so there should not be a difference other than a logo. There has been confirmation of this from a seller of both models. Quality control is debatable, go for the DOD if it makes you sleep better and DOD will thank you for their cut.
IMHO I don't think you will have better image quality for the dollar than either of the models you've mentioned (GT300W/LS300W/GT450W). However GT450W has yet to be commented by end users here. Not saying they are the best; no such thing a a perfect dash cam, but for the price you pay they are all solid choices unless you get a dud!

after see a few users whit audio problem on GT300W i stay at position questionable.
at Dod Brand , exist a Brand and a name to be keep. Oem dont have a name to be keep.
not question of sleep better but ... dunno i am not feel confortable at oem.

runtohell121 said:
GeorgesNJR said:
gt300w is cheaper.

So technically all the internals are the same as LS300W except build quality? I'm pretty much deciding between GT450W and LS300W/GT300W.

Unless someone else recommend other brands, been trying to look for Taiwanese or Korean brands under $200

Korean dashs aint cheap :(

Last edited by a moderator:
GeorgesNJR said:
after see a few users whit audio problem on GT300W i stay at position questionable.
at Dod Brand , exist a Brand and a name to be keep. Oem dont have a name to be keep.

I'm one of those with audio issues. Very few of them had the issue to begin with. Who knows if DOD had same issue at one point. I would still buy the GT300W given the difference in price, but that's me.
Everything else is identical to me apart from the logo. Yes I know the DOD brand but it means nothing more to me than Shadow.

Gurkha9 said:

Yeah... From doing a lot of searching online, those are probably the best within my budget range for under $150.

I really don't want to be one of the first to try the GT450W but I sort of like the form factor more than the GT300W/LS300W.

I technically up my budget to $200 now but still can't find a decent one I would like or people recommend.

GeorgesNJR said:
Gurkha9 said:
Korean dashs aint cheap :(

Yup.. :( At least the decent ones aren't cheap.

Only reason why I think I would prefer Korean brand over others is that the company seems to be still supporting some of their dash cam even when newer model comes out and seems to have a bit longer support (firmware) than some generic/chinese brands.

runtohell121 said:
Only reason why I think I would prefer Korean brand over others is that the company seems to be still supporting some of their dash cam even when newer model comes out and seems to have a bit longer support (firmware) than some generic/chinese brands.

If that's what you're concerned about get a Korean Lukas LK-7900 Ace and be done with it.
Good support apparently with regular updates, decent image quality (LS300W/GT300W might still be better at night)
Slightly over your $200 budget, form factor closer to the GT450W you like.
Can't go wrong unless the no screen issue is a deal breaker for you, but you do gain GPS and SDXC card support.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LUKAS-LK-7900-AC ... 1086130390

Gurkha9 said:
runtohell121 said:

If that's what you're concerned about get a Korean Lukas LK-7900 Ace and be done with it.
Good support apparently with regular updates, decent image quality (LS300W/GT300W might still be better at night)
Slightly over your $200 budget, form factor closer to the GT450W you like, Can't go wrong unless the no screen issue is a deal breaker for you.

Comparing the night videos I found on YT, yeah, seems like LS300W/GT300W is better. I'm sort of wondering how you would aim a dash cam w/o screen. Would it be through a computer or a smartphone or some sort of attached monitor?

runtohell121 said:
I'm sort of wondering how you would aim a dash cam w/o screen. Would it be through a computer or a smartphone or some sort of attached monitor?

All of the above are possible I would think, depends on which cam.

Gurkha9 said:
runtohell121 said:
I'm sort of wondering how you would aim a dash cam w/o screen. Would it be through a computer or a smartphone or some sort of attached monitor?

All of the above are possible I would think, depends on which cam.

Hmm.. Buy 1 LK-7900 or get 2 GT450W/GT300W... I would want it on the cars I drive the most which is 2 of them... So I sort of want to have 1 for each car, but still debating on what to get since it's going to be my first time getting one.

Yeah it usually comes down to the almighty dollar just like so many other things!
Wait till you start considering one for the rear :)

Gurkha9 said:
Yeah it usually comes down to the almighty dollar just like so many other things!
Wait till you start considering one for the rear :)

I've always been considering that but those are wayyyyyyy out of the budget lol :roll:

Why not just get another front camera and use that for the rear? Not sure I see the advantage of multi-channel.

super max said:
Why not just get another front camera and use that for the rear? Not sure I see the advantage of multi-channel.

Good question.. Price? Wiring? Time sync?

super max said:

That's what I meant, a separate camera for the rear. 2 Channel cams are not really worth it at the moment.

Gurkha9 said:
GeorgesNJR said:

I'm one of those with audio issues. Very few of them had the issue to begin with. Who knows if DOD had same issue at one point. I would still buy the GT300W given the difference in price, but that's me.
Everything else is identical to me apart from the logo. Yes I know the DOD brand but it means nothing more to me than Shadow.

Thing is Quality control , Oem products has a lot less Control than Brand products , everything done a a Brand was more control than anything OEM
everything is "maybe" same because they are practical same except > Quality of Extras like Car Cigar plug is different brand and control quality one is tiotech other is Dod and Dod has their own Control quality.and other thing is different firmware. at some point i am envy that Tiotech at moment getting more updates.
but who knows if they do same quality at components on Oem line, oem line is made to fulfill a cust not a quality remember that.

i also find 2 channel cams a lot less worthy than 1 channel , dual 1 channel maybe be good idea.
problem of 1080 + 720 cams is front is ok and back is close aways bad. them for what you going use a bad capture if case you need a evidence?

maybe things change when comes Ambarela A7 2ch cams , dual 1080p 30fps Processor , along a good lens and good cmos and good firmware may we have dashcams at LS300W picture quality at night and crispy in day like ambarella does..

dual LS300W in synch would be very good dashcam project. also ls300w is small size and easy to hide. mine for example you just notice looking in front car. if you at other car you not notice.

How is the seller/website "Foxoffer"? I never bought anything from them..

Right now, I'm pretty much deciding between Shadow GT450W, Lukas LK-7900, and maybe the Aiptek X5. Or maybe just hold off a bit and see if there's any newer one releasing anytime within the 2 months.

my experience was pretty good whit them after i added them on my skype i took all my questions and done my decision

them after bought took 4 days i think after checking my cam they send

unfortunate , not their fault . 30 days ( lovely brasilian Piece of Sh~~ Customs post ) camera was at my hand

GeorgesNJR said:
my experience was pretty good whit them after i added them on my skype i took all my questions and done my decision

them after bought took 4 days i think after checking my cam they send

unfortunate , not their fault . 30 days ( lovely brasilian Piece of Sh~~ Customs post ) camera was at my hand

I really hate how slow shipping is when shipped from HK/China via HK/China Post, usually takes 2-4 weeks to arrive in US. That's one thing I really consider when buying stuff. I know from some eBay sellers (Korean or Taiwan) they ship EMS airmail which usually arrives within 2-3 days but that also is at a cost of premium for the dash cam. I'm pretty much comparing apple to oranges when coming to pricing between Lukas LK-7900 ($209) vs Shadow GT450W ($116). Almost double the cost for similar video quality..

The main question is, which one would I end up getting.. if any of those 2 or 3 or something else that might pop up later. As I mentioned before, I'm not really in a rush right now, but prefer getting one soon so I just started doing research on it. I did research last year also but didn't get one when I saw lots of issues with the Blackvue DR400-HD (version 1). I was close to getting one, but held off til this year since it seems to be handy for some occasion in case of an accident or anything.

WARNING TO CUSTOMERS. I purchased a Viofo GS9000L DVR from Foxoffer, the DVR I received was not the same specifications of what I ordered (much less quality) and it broke within 2 days. On the website it said it had a 178 degree lens, the one I received only has a 140 degree lens. Foxoffer changed their website after I complained but I took screen shots before the change. After several emails Foxoffer promised me a refund. That was 2 weeks ago, no refund and Foxoffer will not respond to any emails. Foxoffer is NOT to be trusted! Check out their Facebook page and you will see similar complaints.

Back