Best Dashcam $100-$150 range?

their email system is a crap they usual not answer emails lol

add them on skype and will be easier to communicate chat and problem resolution .

^How well do the GT300W/LS300W handle heat? What about the LK-7900? The summer around where I live can get up to high 100*F (~30-40*C).

runtohell121 said:
^How well do the GT300W/LS300W handle heat? What about the LK-7900? The summer around where I live can get up to high 100*F (~30-40*C).

LK-7900 is way over your budget. Lukas is Ok camera, but bit-rate is too low. Now everything below 12Mbps is no-no for me.

There has not been yet reports about overheating on GT300W/LS300W.

I've done a bit of research and reading here, and think I'm ready to order my dash cam, the DR32. The shape of the camera seems to fit well on my 2007 Ford Escape behind the rear view mirror. And I like the standard screw mount on the DR32. From Amazon I can get this camera in two days from a US seller. This is what I'm thinking of getting:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BOL ... QBBGLCSUJ7
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0061L ... PDKIKX0DER

I assume the camera will come with a 3M mount but I want the suction mount just to experiment with.
What do you think?

niko said:
runtohell121 said:

LK-7900 is way over your budget. Lukas is Ok camera, but bit-rate is too low. Now everything below 12Mbps is no-no for me.

There has not been yet reports about overheating on GT300W/LS300W.

If the LK-7900 is a decent camera without much issues and clear quality, I wouldn't mind paying $210 (cheapest on eBay).

The LS300W/GT300W is already around $110-$150 now

Re: AW: Best Dashcam $100-$150 range?

"Best" is a difficult question.
Some prefer cams without screen, others want the smallest LCD available. Or they go for 4.5".
Some like a permanent glue mount with permanent fixation. Or a suction cup. Or a glue but clip on for the device.
Some don't have or don't like air-conditioning despite of hot summers.
Others want parking mode.
Or a small and black footprint.
I myself prefer cams with regular SD slot...
And then there is the topic about field of view/angle: either you see when somebody is cutting in or you can read plates well. Or you buy 2 cams.. Or a cam with 2 lenses, both HD but different angle and both pointing forward.

Re: AW: Best Dashcam $100-$150 range?

adorfer said:
"Best" is a difficult question.
Some prefer cams without screen, others want the smallest LCD available. Or they go for 4.5".
Some like a permanent glue mount with permanent fixation. Or a suction cup. Or a glue but clip on for the device.
Some don't have or don't like air-conditioning despite of hot summers.
Others want parking mode.
Or a small and black footprint.
I myself prefer cams with regular SD slot...

Yeah, there's no such thing as the "best" dash cam, always improving little by little. I'm pretty much searching for a dash cam best bang for the buck right now.

I think what I want in a dash cam is:
~Small size, not too visible
~Good video quality at night time
~Readable plates is a must
GPS and wifi is optional (would be nice to have, but not a must), screen is also optional as long as there's a way to aim the cam, don't care what memory card it uses (micro or regular is fine), all within the price range of $100-$200.

your indecision on page 5 and going
still not decided ? :mrgreen:

i say again consider ls300w. is a all around camera , permanent-wire , setup the mount fixed or cup , turn loop each 3mins , do a test , all ok ? ... forget about it exist till you need.

GeorgesNJR said:
your indecision on page 5 and going
still not decided ? :mrgreen:

i say again consider ls300w. is a all around camera , permanent-wire , setup the mount fixed or cup , turn loop each 3mins , do a test , all ok ? ... forget about it exist till you need.

Yeah, I'm really an indecisive person :/

Well if that's the case you may never end up pulling the trigger :)
I will say though that navigating the dash cam market as it is now does require a lot of research, but then again we're all lucky to have this active forum!

Gurkha9 said:
I will say though that navigating the dash cam market as it is now does require a lot of research, but then again we're all lucky to have this active forum!

i agree , helped me a lot on do my decision update my ol´F500HD

Gurkha9 said:

Yup, that's my concern.. If I don't pick anything anytime soon, I will never end up buying one lol. I'm pretty much trying to get one before buying a new car.

Anyone know where to get the dashcams at? And it might ship fast that is? And decent price?

GT450W?
GT300W?
LS300W?
LK-7900?
and others that might have been recommended?

edit: Anyone heard of the GT200W?
http://www.shadow-tec.com/info.asp?id=84

Also, what about the GT550W?

Last edited by a moderator:
runtohell121 said:
Anyone know where to get the dashcams at? And it might ship fast that is? And decent price?

GT450W?
GT300W?
LS300W?
LK-7900?

LK-7900 you may find from eBay, but its twice as higher in price than other models you quoted. It is a good dash cam, but unfort. with low bit-rate. If only they could rise bit-rate, even up 12Mbps would be OK ( best is 15Mbps )
There are many re-sellers of Shadow Tec / TioTech products ( check Aliexpress ). Most well known and with good reputation re-seller is Foxoffer. They will offer you a competitive price and quick service. Talk to them.

niko said:
runtohell121 said:

GT450W?
GT300W?
LS300W?
LK-7900?

LK-7900 you may find from eBay, but its twice as higher in price than other models you quoted. It is a good dash cam, but unfort. with low bit-rate. If only they could rise bit-rate, even up 12Mbps would be OK ( best is 15Mbps )
There are many re-sellers of Shadow Tec / TioTech products ( check Aliexpress ). Most well known and with good reputation re-seller is Foxoffer. They will offer you a competitive price and quick service. Talk to them.

Yeah, I saw the videos on LK-7900, a bit choppy actually.

I checked out aliexpress, and they don't seem to have paypal option to pay. I'm pretty much looking for paypal option to pay for things.

runtohell121 said:
niko said:
runtohell121 said:

GT450W?
GT300W?
LS300W?
LK-7900?

Yeah, I saw the videos on LK-7900, a bit choppy actually.

I checked out aliexpress, and they don't seem to have paypal option to pay. I'm pretty much looking for paypal option to pay for things.

Don't be fooled by youtube ( if you looked videos there ). Youtube compresses files and you do not see what is in real. Some time crappy dash cams looks good on youtube and good cameras crappy.
Aliexpress you can pay via Credit Card, which is the same as PayPal, because when you paying via PP, - you using your credit card funds. PP only a "Middle-man" between your credit card and seller, and they take from 2.5-5% commission from sellers, thats why on Aliexpress prices are at least 5% cheaper then if buying from place which handles PP.

You may check latest prices on Foxoffer website. They accept PP.

You may download real RAW video samples from here:

DOD LS300W ( will be same as GT300W and GT450W )
http://webfile.ru/folder?id=25118

Shadow Tec GT350W:
http://webfile.ru/folder?id=25400

Click "Скачать" there to download.

Attachments

• Download.jpg
    Download.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 142
Thanks.

Yeah, I know YT compresses video, but shouldn't be too bad.

I only want to use PayPal since my CC is already linked to it and don't want to enter into other websites.

edit: Seems like GT200W have the same spec as other camera (GT300W, GT450W), just in a different form factor. I assume GT550W is also the same except having a GPS module.

runtohell121 said:
Thanks.

Yeah, I know YT compresses video, but shouldn't be too bad.

I only want to use PayPal since my CC is already linked to it and don't want to enter into other websites.

edit: Seems like GT200W have the same spec as other camera (GT300W, GT450W), just in a different form factor. I assume GT550W is also the same except having a GPS module.

You got it right. GT450W and GT550W should be the same as GT300W and LS300W and GT550W advantage is external GPS antenna.
Dont know much about GT200W, so I can not comment. Ask Foxoffer, they deal with Shadow Tec.

Lol... I'm wondering did they price this dash cam at a wrong price? Wish I can order one..

runtohell121 said:
Lol... I'm wondering did they price this dash cam at a wrong price? Wish I can order one..

I guess its a wrong price. It says SOLD OUT there.

Back