Best featured dual channel setup for under $500

gnychis

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking to spend up to $500 on the best dual channel setup. By best, I mean most featured and highest quality. Right now I am leaning towards the Panorama X2 as it has 1080p front and rear with a lot of working options (motion detection, etc.). Is there anything better? I looked at the BlackVue dual channel setups, but I feel as though they are inferior aside from more discrete? (720p rear)

To be honest, at the moment non of high-end dual ch. 1080p dashcams systems are fully ready. All big-brand names are still polishing up a firmware, no matter if you look at X2, Blackvue, Marcus, or any other 2 x 1080p.
About Blackvue pros and cons you have to read from Blackvue thread. If you ready to mess around with Russian guys custom firmware, then you will get a good result ( at least what has been reported ).
About X2 I can tell that at the moment g-sensor triggered videos does not record / save from rear camera while parked, only from front camera. When driving, then g-sensor works fine for both: rear and front. Also you can not switch off a "beep" from touchscreen. So those are the issues which are still under fixing by developer.

Thanks for the feedback, Niko! I will look at the Russian custom firmware, I'm assuming this is for the DR750LW-2CH. Do the g sensor and motion detection work in the DR750LW-2CH?

Does motion detection work on the rear camera for the X2? (I think this is different than the g-sensor)

I think the other major tradeoff is that the DR750LW cameras share a video card, whereas the X2 has separate video cards?

Thanks for the feedback, Niko! I will look at the Russian custom firmware, I'm assuming this is for the DR750LW-2CH. Do the g sensor and motion detection work in the DR750LW-2CH?

Does motion detection work on the rear camera for the X2? (I think this is different than the g-sensor)

I think the other major tradeoff is that the DR750LW cameras share a video card, whereas the X2 has separate video cards?

There are pros and cons on both brands.
X2 has one of the best motion detections and yes, while parked both cameras recording a motion detection. More than that, each camera records separately and independently to it's own memory card which is unique feature at the moment. However if you buying an X2 now, then you must be prepared for future firmware updates, because as I mentioned earlier, some things still need to be polished up.

Back