Best location to mount SG9665GC?

Did you put it hard up against the side of the mirror?

It's not totally flush against the mirror mount but almost. The black dot area on the passenger side is smaller than that on the driver's side. If you look at one of the interior pictures above, you can see at the bottom of the black dot area, the width is almost only as wide as the dashcam itself. On the other side of the mirror mount towards the driver side, there's a lot more black dot area space. I don't sit on the passenger side that much so just noticed the unequal black dot areas around the mirror mount while moving the dashcam.

I think I'll just keep it where it is for now as I don't anticipate unmounting the dashcam frequently to access the memory card. If I lower it, it may get in the way of a sunshade for the windshield. And I think keeping it higher in the black dot area will be better to deflect the sun and keep it cooler, plus it's a little more hidden from the outside higher up.

Hey Budster, probably a little late but I also tried pretty much the same positions. Carmen, my SG9665GC, thpough is now mounted to the cowling for the rvm & rain sensor.
She hides dead centre of screen, obscured by the cover & the rvm, and peaks out from below the front edge of the cowling.

Bit of scrap lexan, a dremel & 30min later I had a flat, secure platform for her to stick to.
I only tried her out in this spot as she is always on whenever the car is out of the garage. First misty night the car was outside overnight made me realise mounting a little heat generator to the windscreen was anything but stealthy!

Next job is under way, an extended cowling to wrap around both Carmen & the rvm/rain sensor cover. This will disguise her and make her look fully integrated.

Out of interest what is the total length of the camera when used with the cable tidy? Been on the verge all week of buying a Mobius - however, there is something extremely compelling about this design. Cant stop thinking I need one instead ;)

Having a large panoramic windscreen, I would probably need to attach the camera to the cable tidy and run to the sun blinds. Discretion won't really be an issue with my car, however a tidy run of cables would make it look a much neater job. The sweep of the wiper blades means that I can't get the camera any higher up the windscreen which would be more ideal.

Out of interest what is the total length of the camera when used with the cable tidy? Been on the verge all week of buying a Mobius - however, there is something extremely compelling about this design. Cant stop thinking I need one instead ;)

Having a large panoramic windscreen, I would probably need to attach the camera to the cable tidy and run to the sun blinds. Discretion won't really be an issue with my car, however a tidy run of cables would make it look a much neater job. The sweep of the wiper blades means that I can't get the camera any higher up the windscreen which would be more ideal.

M24A6Wr.png

Just measured up - didn't realise how small these are!
many people don't. even me when I first got one I was amazed how small it was, the pictures used in advertising don't do the size justice.

Back