SG9665GC GPS Won't Acquire Location

Elektrix

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had my dash cam installed for 2 days now but have yet to get the GPS to work. The icon remains red all the time. I did see it briefly blinking green a couple times but then went back to red and stayed there. The antenna was flipped per the instructional video linked on this forum. It is mounted to the glass behind the rear view mirror about 4 inches from the camera. Things I've verified...

Antenna has unobstructed view of sky and is facing the sky (I flipped it)

GPS option is turned on in settings

Cable is connected to the "IN" port on camera (not the AV one)

I allowed it to sit in one place with a clear view of the sky while powered on for over 15 minutes and the icon still remained red.

I also sat stationary for about 10 minutes in an alternate location with no obstructions and it still didn't work.

Any other ideas or do I have a defective GPS module?

Other than that, this new dash cam is terrific!

I'll take care of you don't worry.

It's possible something got damaged when flipping it, I'm happy to send you a new pre-flipped pre-tested GPS logger. (let's start with that, most likely the cause)

Send me your order number, full name, shipping address and email via private message or direct email.

possibly a fault, could have broken a wire when flipping it, some windows inhibit the signal, more common on Euro cars

just let @Pier28 know you've got a problem one and we'll get you out a new one, I'm sure if you ask it can be pre flipped and tested before sending

Thanks so much guys!!! It's this awesome level of support that led me to purchase this brand. Plus I've already recommended it to a friend who says he is likely to buy one too.

I'm quite confident no wires popped off, I was very careful. I'm an avionics technician professionally so quite used to working with fragile soldered assemblies. But who knows...

Hmmm, I don't see an option to PM you or direct mail you. What am I missing?

Click his logo picture next to his post and then in the new window click start a conversation
Edit, and beat me to it.

Thanks so much guys!!! It's this awesome level of support that led me to purchase this brand. Plus I've already recommended it to a friend who says he is likely to buy one too.

I'm quite confident no wires popped off, I was very careful. I'm an avionics technician professionally so quite used to working with fragile soldered assemblies. But who knows...

No problem, I'm happy to send a new one to help troubleshoot. I'd rather give people the option to flip the GPS even if it means I might need to send out a new one once in awhile.

Avionics Tech eh? nice, I used to work EWS on the U2. I'm currently working on my private pilot's license in Nevada. (hope to get it by June)

I sent a private message to you.

Avionics Tech eh? nice, I used to work EWS on the U2. I'm currently working on my private pilot's license in Nevada. (hope to get it by June)

Nice! I started out as a comm/nav/weapons systems guy on Harriers in the Marines. Now repairing flight control electronic units as a civilian. Good luck on your pilot's license, that's a great accomplishment!

Back