Better night recording?

Jake5150

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought this dashcam a few months ago, but have barely gotten around to using it until now. Daytime recording is just fine, but it's pretty poor when recording stuff at night. I've watched plenty of videos before buying it where when it was recording at night it looked pretty good, but my experience hasn't been as good. I had it recording at 1920x1080 I think. The video below is a little recording from earlier when I was using it. The blurriness isn't a concern, it's atleast partially because my windshield is a little dirty and I need to clean it, but everything is so dark. You can barely see anything, in reality everything is much brighter. My headlights aren't dim or anything, it's just the camera. Is there any other settings I should apply to it when using it at night? I'm at a bit of a loss.

I use HDR1920x1080 and the nighttime image is good........your audio recording is very good

I use HDR1920x1080 and the nighttime image is good........your audio recording is very good

Yeah it's almost scary how good the audio recording is, I would never have expected quality like that on something like this, but it can record me talking easily and very clearly, so that's a big plus for me, especially since on my old dashcam audio recording was on par with that of a potato, I'm loving it.

You can access menu setting by press and hold Up button. Then you chose: EA; chose +1.0 Then try again.
Remember report the result.

your audio recording is really good

You can access menu setting by press and hold Up button. Then you chose: EA; chose +1.0 Then try again.
Remember report the result.
I tried this earlier, and the results are in the video below. I recorded it at night at the same exact place. Looks far better, but are there any other things I should do? I'm much happier with how it looks, but if I can still improve it, that'd be nice.

I tried this earlier, and the results are in the video below. I recorded it at night at the same exact place. Looks far better, but are there any other things I should do? I'm much happier with how it looks, but if I can still improve it, that'd be nice.
If you feel it's still dark, then you may try 1,3 or 1,7 :D

As frazzeld said eariler, make sure your recording setting is set to HDR 1920x1080.
I was using 1920x1080 45 FPS but didn't like the night time brightness.
Changing to the HDR settings made it immensely better.

Back