Bicyclist hits parked car (rear dash cam)

Ouch, that hurts ! Glad he wear helmet, however some blood could be seen on his face. Hope he is fine and next time pays more attention whats on the road.
After some talks, he left scene. I guess there was no damage to the vehicle, right ?

I'm surprised his bike was still able to ride off. I would have thought the wheel would have been bent.

I'm surprised his bike was still able to ride off. I would have thought the wheel would have been bent.
Probably high quality built bike.

And later, the instructor has a good look & sees the fancy paintwork on his colour coded bumper is all crazed, possibly scratches on the paintwork where metal bits of bike hit...
I also wonder why he allowed him to ride off without getting details - just in case repairs are required.

yeah thats a strong front wheel :D

I allmost did the same on my last racer in 1990, gotta keep your eyes off that damm computer and on the road ahead. :rolleyes:

What the hell was he looking for under the bike instead of looking where he's going?
At least he didn't claim the car backed into him. ;)

hehe yeah, i have not done that since that bike in 1990,,,,,,, sorry there was the middel age crysis in 2006 and the 660 ccm yamaha raptor quad.
But that quad was soon relegated to adrenaline inducing toy instead of a instrument of exercise, not much fun when 3 laps on the local track allmost make the tounge hang so far out it was in danger of beeing tangled up in the chain.

I think he is looking at a bicycle computer on the handlebar, at least that is the only partial sane thing i can come up with.

Probably high quality built bike.

Is that a high end bike? I've never heard of that brand before. But also, I am not a cyclist.

Not a frame brand that ring any bells here, but then again its been ages since i was into pedalpushing.
The frame on my last bike was pretty cheap, not really worthy of all the nice Italian Campagnolo parts on it, only the custom red and yellow paintjob compensated from the cheap ass frame.
Sadly i have misplaced the 35 mm photos i had of that bike :rolleyes: logged around 3500 Km in 10 months or so on that bike, and top speed logged by computer was 67 km/h
But i was pretty weak by then, average on a 100 km or so trip was 18 km/h, and that was with a computer paused for breaks and red lights.

He really needed a dashcam like G90 with LDWS, FCWS and FCMD that'd have warned him of the collision with the car. :D

:eek: The guy should deffo have got his details. If he can afford such a fancy bike, he can afford to pay for all the damage he caused.

This came up on my FB page a few days ago & I people were saying about insurance etc. Plod keeps doing drives to get people to security mark their bikes in case they get nicked. maybe it should be standard that all bikes are marked before they are sold & the details are married to the owner - who also has to buy an annual insurance.
If the driver had asked for the guy's details, he could've just made something up and gone on his way, leaving the driver with a potentially expensive repair bill.

beer belly.jpg

A beer belly and chicken legs is never a good look.

Forgive me but I wet myself when I first saw this. :p

Hehe i looked like i had just pedaled out of a German KZ camp, even as late as 1990 i was only 60 - 65 Kg, and the 1.9 M tall i have been since the 8 grade or so.

For a good while of my life i have been able to touch my thumbs on the back, and have the 2 FU fingers touch each other in front of my stomac at the same time ( if i sucked in my stomac )
And if i could get my head thru somwhere i could allso get the rest of my body thru :confused:
No wonder my back is not so good today with all the stuff i have done for fun and job related. :(

Back